Retailers for Toyo R888's?

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Adam_16v, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Adam_16v Forum Member

I'm after a set of trackday rubber for my car, I assume Toyo R888's are the best out there?!

Can anyone recommend good retailers, I'm trying to do some price comparisons

So far I only have Camskill & Blackcircles

2. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Jefferies tires in bromsgrove have given me a price for 195/50/15 of 60 a corner fitted and balanced ages ago, but your not that local. I checked the price with him last week and he said 60 should still be fine but struggling to get them at the moment which I have heard is common at the moment.

3. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Camskill won't be far off, that's where I've always bought mine from.

4. Mike_H Forum Addict

I used Event Tyres - they use mobile fitters, and I was short of time to go and get them done. They were a bit more expensive, but very convenient.

5. MK1G20VT Forum Member

I got some 205/15/50's a month or so back and had to wait about three months!! Everyone I spoke to said they were on back order so you might have to wait a while. I paid nearly 100 a corner, clearly I was mugged off if people are saying 60.[:x]

6. Adam_16v Forum Member

I did hear about a shortage a little while back which probs reflected the price you paid.

I've just ordered off Camskill, but we should try group buys in future! Nearly everyone needs 195/50/15s :thumbup:

7. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

205/50/15s are a lot more than 195/50/15s. 100 is a bit high, but you won't get them much cheaper I don't think.

8. benny Forum Member

Try www.tyretraders.com they list 205's at 86 a pop and 195's at 68. I had a dabble in tyres, but there's too much competition [:^(] I used tyretraders for a quick ref to try and beat when I didn't know my apples ;) Camskill are cheap and hard to beat usually.

Toyo do have supply issues periodically and it is a bloody nuisance usually just at the begining of summer - always just when you want them!

Keep your fingers crossed! :thumbup:

9. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

For those of you willing to sacrifice a small amount of performance in the dry...

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b103s99p1667

Toyo T1-R in 195/50 15 for 28.65 inc vat. That's a seriously good price I think!

888s are over twice as much, and *probably* not as good in standing water. Admittedly T1-Rs will die quickly if used hard when new on a hot dry track, but use them as your road tyres to scrub them down and they work a lot better in the dry once the tread is worn down.

Obviously it would be great to find 888s in stock at a decent price - but for people on a budget these have to be worth a look.

10. MK1G20VT Forum Member

That makes me feel a bit better:)

11. Admin Guest

have toyos gone up in the past couple of months?

saw some on ebay. T1 R, for 120 posted, not the same tyres is 160+

12. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

the ebay offer for t1-r's has been about for ages, used to be t1-s's for 110 a couple of years ago, bargain if you can get them fitted cheap.

If anyone local to bromsgrove is reading this I totaly recommend Jefferies Tires for all tires, you will not find anyone cheaper. Iv had prices off them 80quid cheaper than elsewhere. (i don't get paid for saying that btw)

13. Rocket MK2 Forum Member

I was on track at Donnington on Monday - nice hot day! Was not planning to go, it was very spontaneous and I was running T1R's that have done about 1k. The tyres were very 'puddingy' after just 2-3 laps. Next time I'm on track i'm going for 888's and T1Rs if its wet.