Right still haven’t decided on this...Tim

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by RSSGOLF, Jan 6, 2005.

1. RSSGOLF Forum Junkie

Hey guys

Car goes into the bodyshop on Monday, and still haven;t decided on whether or not to have the Vr6 splitter, and rear valance (the standard dub one)...so could someone colourcode em (this is where tim usually comes in and saves the day....Here tim comes to save the day!!!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers guys! :thumbup:

2. AndrewF Forum Addict

trust me, don't do the front splitter...the paint will be falking off by the time you get home, they hit the ground a lot! could just get the rear done.

3. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

if you're leaving front, leave rear too IMO :)

on 2nd thoughts, looking at pic, rear colour-coded :thumbup:
    Edited by: darrynK

4. RSSGOLF Forum Junkie

I think for the summer shows i may buy another VR6 splitter and colourcode it...then when before a show put it on, and take it of afterwards!

Is there not any kind of protection that can be carried out to make sure the front doesn;t flake???

5. Edition96 Forum Member

Don't do the valance or splitters, do get the rear number plate handle thingy done and the door handles (if not already). Is that rear spoiler a Hella item. It looks like the sides of the spoiler could be tweaked. Are you having the bumpers filled? Oh, and IMHO, lose the front eyebrow thing

6. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

[​IMG]

bumper trim done and boot lid plinth too,

tim

7. RSSGOLF Forum Junkie

Hey

The rear lock button is getting done, and the wiper, and VW badges are goin. The rubbing strips are also getting done, and the bumper is getting done too. Getting some MK4 polo handles also getting put on all rnd!

The only thing i'm unsure about is the rear valance. not going to do the front one...but may do the rear.

I am however going to be keepn the badboy spoiler...i like it...makes it different from every golf in my opinion. I wanna get it smoothed in possibly.

8. RSSGOLF Forum Junkie

Oh yeah and cheers for the pshop tim! :thumbup:

Edited by: RSSGOLF

9. Edition96 Forum Member

Sweet. Are you getting the rear hatch lock surround coloured or just the rear number plate light holder? So what about the rear spoiler, anything getting done on that?

10. kirby Forum Junkie

[​IMG]

There you go smoothed badboy and colour coded spoiler. Looks the nuts, but I think you would have to get a metal extension welded and smoothed into your bonnet, as the plastic extension would probably flex and crack the filler.

Definately stick with the badboy it looks really good on your car.

11. Edition96 Forum Member

Sorry if I sound fussy, but the welded photoshop version looks sooooo much better than the plastic bonrath style version.

12. RSSGOLF Forum Junkie

The bonnet extension is a temp until i can afford to buy the metal one, and get in welded on...The current one cost me 11 on ebay cos it was poorly advertised with no pic...its a bonrath one aswell!

As for the lock...the whole black strip above plates getting colourcoded...like markgolfs car...

[​IMG]

13. RSSGOLF Forum Junkie

Rear spoiler is a hella one...already colour coded...but not smoothin it if thats what your askin?

I may rip the spoiler off...what do you reckon?

14. RSSGOLF Forum Junkie

Thanks Kirby! :thumbup:

I've always wanted to smooth the badboy...but i'm a student so it'll have to do till summer when i start workin extra hours...cos only do 16 hrs a week

the bodyshop work gettin dun next week is gettin dun cos i have a student load cheque due!

Also while my cars at the bodyshop i have this as replacement car which i think is pretty good!!! [:D]

[​IMG]

15. Edition96 Forum Member

N3DUB does look great from the back. But I think as it is silver it's a different matter. Rear lock button and number plate holder will look good painted up. Still not convinced by the bottom valance bit being coloured though. I had one of those Hella spoilers on my last car (MK3 1.4) and it looked better when I got it repainted and the edged filled. I'll send you some photos if required. Colour coding is an interesting business but you can have too much you know! Really depends on the colour of the car in question. Btw, is the colour of your car Mystic blue?

16. RSSGOLF Forum Junkie

Yeah it's Mystic blue...all my mates first took the urine outta the "purple" but now it's better than all there cars! [8D]

Also what number plate holder are you talking about? Do you mean the bits either side of the lock??? [:s]

I would also like to see the pics of your hella spoiler of you don;t mind??? :)

17. Edition96 Forum Member

Sorry, I meant the number plate light holder (the plastic strip that the number plate lights are mounted on to) which is painted from the factory on GL upward models (and is actually a different item to L/CL models). Of course no car from the factory had the rear lock button painted.

I'll take some photos of the Hella spoiler at the w'end (my brother owns the car now).