'ring lap suprise

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by GVK, Apr 20, 2007.

1. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

2. Jonny777 Forum Member

Bloody hell! That was close! :o

Good job the brakes were decent! :lol:

3. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

:o [xxx] [><]

[xx(]

Crikey!

4. vegabass Forum Member

**** the bed! they did well to avoid that inconsiderately parked chav mobile! :lol:

5. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

From the Kadett driver

"I'm the driver of the Astra (well, it's an Opel Kadett GSI to be precise...). And I'd like to say a few words. Thanks to Dave for sending me the link!
    It was my first lap of the day - my two friend already did a lap each. It was around 9 in the morning. I did not feel I was going fast and up to Kallenhard, everything was ok, but in this corner, I suddenly and without further indication, I lost the back and we spun 90 degrees, came to a halt in the middle of the track and the engine died. Luckily, we did not hit anything and there was very litle traffic on the ring at this time of day. After a short moment of shock, I tried to start the engine, but it wouldn't. Probably, because I killed it in gear. Well, while I was busy getting the engine back on, my pal in the passenger seat was watching the track pretty nervously, because he was on the side that was exposed to the traffic. I cannot tell you, how long it took, but it seemed quite long.
    The I saw the two Integras coming round the blind corner. They both braked very hard and reacted very well. The first one passed us in the front and the other one was comming right at us. At this very moment, the engine would start again, I slammed in 1st gear and drove forward. The second Integra passed us in the back. It seemed pretty close to me and I was very happy that the engine was running. I finished my lap rather slowly, I can tell.
    I cannot say, whether Dave would have hit us, if I hadn't been able to advance, but it felt like he would. Watching the video, I'm not sure...
    It was a situation I don't want to go through again and I think, my pal had a worse time, because he was on the exposed side.
    As I said, I didn't feel, I was going too fast and the spin came without warning. It's especially odd, since our Kadett is a FWD car.
    I suppose the track was still damp, since Kallenhard is pretty shadowy.
    Thanks to Dave and his friend for reacting so well and being a cool guy. I think guys, this goes to show that you can never be too careful on the Ring. For myself, I'll go extra easy on the first lap of the day to check, how the track is doing.
    I hope, this was understandable, since I'm a german dude and my English isn't very well as I like to say :-)
    Best,
    Chris "

6. fthaimike Forum Addict

4min 10secs (if anyones wants to skip to it)....

Now that was very lucky.

7. loadsavalves

loadsavalves Forum Member

[><] that was f***ing close

8. craggsy Forum Member

THats the one reason I never went out first thing in the morning.....track still damp in places and you can easily get caught out. I had most of my laps after 6pm

9. SPERMBANK

SPERMBANK Forum Member

Bet he filled his undercracker instantly!