'ring vid with commentary

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by GVK, Sep 9, 2006.

1. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

2. fthaimike Forum Addict

See how it goes Gary as there are no seeds showing for it on the link, are you showing any seeds with 100% mate?

Edit: Thinking about it it does have todays date on it so they might still be uploading it...............

[:$] 1 seed now

Tell us if it's worth the download when your finished Gary [:D] .

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  3. GVK

It's not downloaded yet Mike 67%, I'm new to torrents, what seeding?

Guy posted up the link on the 'ringers list early today/ late last night

4. fthaimike Forum Addict

what program you using?

on the line with the torrent in you should have seeds (people who have finished downloading & are now sharing 100% of the file) & peers (people downloading it along side you & sometiimes called leachers if they dont share it after 100%) but if they are a higher % then you automaticaly download from them & you will upload the file as your downloading it to the next person in line.

It looks ok & is also posted here:
    http://www.torrentportal.com/details/688123/Nordschleife+Fahrer+Training.mpg.html

when your searching for a file gary if the date is old & there are no seeds then the torrent can die as no-one now exists with 100% of the file, in this case it's just a new file & some web sites have't updated yet as people join in.

& when you start to download the file you don't always see a 100% seed as you may be further along the chain without a direct link but this can be fine as you automaticaly download it from another peer like yourself who is just in front of you.

Sometimes the seed might have logged off for a while so it can appear dead yet a few hours later it can spring back to life.

I use Utorrent to download & there is an option to "update tracker" which causes the torrent to re-check it's status to see if anyone has logged back on (you can also do this by shutting the program down if it doesn't seem to be finishing as it will re-check for people when you start it back up).

edit 2: just started it myself & i had 4 seeds & 15 peers & rising with good download speed so looks good so far.

5. GVK

Ah, thanks Mike, explains a bit about it.

6. fthaimike Forum Addict

If your new to Torrents Gary the thing with leachers is that it can be really annoying when there are only 1 or 2 seeds & someone finishes their dowload then removes the torrent from their download program straight away without sharing the full file this is why they are called leaches as they are only in it for themselves.

When i download a torrent i try to share the file when i can until it has at least a 1:1 share ratio meaning i have uploaded the whole file at least once to someone & this helps with small Seed numbered torrents but i don't bother so much if they have a high number of seeds as it is a healthy torrent so i use my bandwidth for more urgent ones.

(I am sharing a dr.who file at present with a 23:1 ratio as i am the only seed).

Also in the program you can usually choose your download / upload speed (upload speed when compared to your download speed will be between a quarter to a half of it but if you need the file quick then try lowering your upload speed as this can speed things up).

At the moment i have a 2mb connection but it can vary between 1.6-1.8mb & setting the upload on mine to 35-40kbs gives me the fastest download speed (any higher it drags my downloading speed down) but if your just seeding & not downloading you can set your upload speed to maximum to share it with people.

7. fthaimike Forum Addict

Gary i just had a quick preview of the file while it was downloading & it looks really good.

The bit i watched had the screen split into sections:

Top half had an in car view

Below & to the left had a view showing driver.

lower right had a box with the corner name then another with info then below that another with i think tips in.

8. fthaimike Forum Addict

Just watched it Gary & it's a cracking training video mate :clap: .