Rivage heated Seat relays

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by David Hills, Mar 3, 2018.

1. David Hills New Member

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my heated seat relays. I've repaired the seat elements & tested them so I know the circuits work. The switch is ok. One of the original relays worked and the other one didnt so I took the good relay and swapped it to both sides and both the seats worked I have now bought 3 more relays from various places which have come from later vw models & none of them seem to work ? I've taken a couple of them apart and it looks like vw modified the design. I assume they should still work ? I find it hard to believe that all three don't work, one was old stock still boxed & another I have contacted the seller who said it was tested. The most recent was from Stevens vow dismantlers so not sure about that one.
    Does anybody know of a way these relays can be tested or any suggestions as to why both seats wont work together? Individually, the seats work fine using the original one good relay. I had wired across the thermistor on one seat but it works fine on its own, would this have anything to do with it ?

Thanks, Dave