Road Angel Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Sat Nav, GPS, Camera Detectors' started by Funkyfin2000, Nov 15, 2003.

1. 76

76 Forum Member

So can they detect police cars???

They detect mobile sites, and which ones jam?

2. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

yeah im geting more and more interested in this, jamming sounds a bit dodgy to be honest....

Road Angel does eveyrhting you ned really and you can change it between cars....think i prefer it really, but the B2 does have more options, but its more expensive too :(

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm choices choices!!! anyone give a low down who has the B2???

3. gillm

gillm ***** User

yep lazer and gps , i will get the jammer sometime so i will let you all know about it . but it is illegal [:s]

4. toXXin Forum Member

Like I said, no mention of RADAR! :p

I can't be bothered to argue as I'm only trying to help people.

Don't think I'll bother next time...
    Edited by: toXXin

5. 76

76 Forum Member

so whats the difference between laser and radar?

6. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

i was only jnokin toxxin! easy tiger :@D

7. toXXin Forum Member

Sorry dude, I've got too much on my plate and I'm taking it out on everyone.

76, I can't explain the differences between the two but laser is used in the mobile camera vans and in the guns whereas mini-gatsos use radar.

8. mk3anniversary Forum Member

I got the road angel and I take it everwhere. I use lots of different cars at work, so I have to be able to move it from car to car easily, so that was a major selling point for me, I guess its horse's for course's, but I'd reccomend the roadangel without hesitation.

9. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

excellent, but i see more and more of these D2 truvellos popping up and can anyone confirm but the Road Angel doesn't cover these? or has it been updated?

mk3 anni? rob???

You know the ones i mean, 3 lines in the road, and a little post....just seen one pop up near my work!

let me know, as if they don't B2 is the way to go!!!

10. thebluebus Forum Junkie

road angel DOES cover truvellos. Im 99.999% sure.
    Never seen any round here to test it on though but im told it does.

11. Rob.gti Forum Member

You have to remember that these units dont "pick them up" - they know where they are! Its uses GPS. There are no sensors in the unit to spot the cameras. Therefore any new camera site can be entered into the memory. When you then syncronise with the Road Angel software on your PC, it will tell them you have entered a new site. This gets put on their database and then it is downloaded to all users via future syncronizations.
    So yes it will know of all new cameras site whether its Gatso's, trevelos, or specs.

12. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

most of these GPS thingumies also allow you to add your own camera site if it doesn't come up on their database. If you get a new one, then they often give you a bit of a cash reward.

13. Jeff Forum Junkie

If some ninny adds a location where there isnt a camera to his road angel and then synchronises it, does that mean everyone's road angel bleeps at them when they go past the spot his gf said "what does this button do?" :p

14. thebluebus Forum Junkie

i'd guess they would go and check it out first before adding it to the database. Or have to have a certain number of people reporting the same place etc.....

ive not had any false alarms with the road angel

15. Rob.gti Forum Member

You can delete sites as easily as adding them to, so it wouldnt be a hardship to remove it

16. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

but the b2 site says they are the only company to do these D2 truvello 3 line in the road jobbies...so can road angel do them, or have i got to spend half my life looking for them and adding them with a button>?

17. 76

76 Forum Member

I think the road angel relies on the thing of locals to an area entering the new camera before they become active. Around me now there is 4 new cameras but they are not live yet, so I would add them, and if you came to my area they would be logged!

At least thats how I think it works!!

What about registering police cars?

18. Jeff Forum Junkie

it registers the location, not the object! so if you happen to be near that location again it beeps. but road angels are also available with a radar detector that can beep if it detects a radar signal, even though it isnt a known location.