Rozzers in a 'Rocco!

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by Tristan, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Police Scirocco
    Volkswagen coupe transformed into stylish German chase-car
    By Stephen Dobie
    20th November 2008
    Police VW Scirocco

Another week, another cool Police car. This time it's the turn of the VW Scirocco, the Golf GTI-based coupe that put in a good performance at evo Car of the Year. It follows on from the Lamborghini LP560-4 police car that the Italians are just about to put into good use.

Whether the German Polizei will actually use the Scirocco remains to be seen - it isn't the most practical of cars - but the 197bhp GTI heart is a good basis, and this modified version, which features at the Essen motor show, is sure to have a few tweaks to benefit the law-enforcers behind the wheel.

For now, get used to that menacing front view. It could be appearing in your rear view mirror on an Autobahn soon...

pics here...http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/231690/police_scirocco.html

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

The tyre sticker causes me to smell a PR stunt....

3. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

The hankook number plate is very interesting as they sponsor the VW Cup. PR stunt

4. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

I'd argue that it would be slightly more practical than the Italian Lamborghini LP560-4 that only a few police can drive and even they have to be specially trained by Lamborghini themselves.

5. Admin Guest

not as cool as my mk1 though.