Ryder 1.3 Engine

Discussion in '8-valve' started by olly mk2, Apr 8, 2007.

1. olly mk2 New Member

Sorry not a GTI but just started to do my Ryder up and was just wanting a no a few things if possible.

How do i sort my timing out through out the engine to make sure its all ticking over correctly after just having my head skimmed and new gasket.

want to make sure my mixture is running correctly

What options do i have to my engine on attempting to increase any Hp i have

opinions would be appreciated thanks

2. mark25 Forum Junkie

As always a bigger engined mk2 would be he most efficient and cost effective method of getting more power, with easier insurance and upgraded handling and brakes thrown in too. However, if you wanted something different, you can use a whole engine or parts from a mk 3 golf 1.4 or 1.6 X-flow small block engine. Most of it will drop straight in, or mate to your block. You could fit a Single point injection from a mk3 also, you will need an uprated fuel pump, but that goes in woth the fuel gauge, so not too hard. For serious revs and power you'd be best of getting a multipoint injection mk3 engine and custom ECU, or DIY megasquirt ECU. For that you'd need a high pressure (GTi) fuel pump. Stay away from carbs, they drink too much.