*******s!! [:x] Blind fat tw@ in a daewoo.

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by thegolfman, Jan 4, 2007.

1. thegolfman Forum Member

I was reversed into my a fat bald man in a daewoo last night :clap: [:x]
    Im gutted. [xx(]

I was with my missus, and had just picked my mate up from work. We got to his, and i parked in my usual spot along side his house. (see paint pic below)
    My mate hopped out and went in his to get ready, leaving me and my missus in the car waiting for him...
    I see a bloke walk across the street, jump in his daewoo Nubira parked opposite, and proceed in reversing into me... [:x] [8(] [:^(]
    I seen him slowly reversing towards me and i even said to the missus he's not going to stop. I even thought ina split second 'should i roll foward?' I didnt though thinking he would see me.
    It was only a slight bump, but enough to bend in the lower of the o/s rear quarter... Im gutted
    Its not too bad, and is Fixable... Were not going through the insurance, He told me he'd pay whatever it costs to fix so...
    The only thing Im worried about is the paint. A bloke in work said they'll struggle to match the colour... Is this true??

I cant believe it, what a ****er. Ive only had the car 2 weeks. I even washed and back to blacked all the trim literally an hour before. [:^(]
    Dozy **** said he saw me as he walked out of his house, but forgot i was there...

Ill get some pics later today in the light.

[​IMG]

Anyone know of any decent bodyshops in or around northamptonshire?

[:x]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  2. thegolfman Forum Member

I feel like [:^(]
    HELP!!!!
    [8(]

3. Dover Forum Member

Sorry dude that sucks

4. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

That does suck, you where buzzing with that car, gutted.

5. thegolfman Forum Member

Thanks for your comments.
    I feel wounded tbh. [:^(]
    And yet again another accident that wasn't my fault... It really makes me think is there any point in spending time and money on a car, when there's so many other idiots on the road that don't give a toss!?!
    In a way Im glad it's only a 500 car, and not 1500, Im still gutted though.
    Ill get some pics up soon, show the damage.

Anyone know of any decent bodyshops? I dont mind travelling, as he's paying cash, So i might aswell get a top notch job done.

6. gary wigg

gary wigg Forum Member

had the same happen to me just before crimbo same as your diagram on our monza blue he just scratched the body kitted arch but the sprayers had to do the whole arch and the sill bodykit ,he priced that at 220 plus vat which he paid in cash as this was the sesond time he hit us in his people carrier, first time he writ off the front end wing and bumper of our old car its a p**s off when this is just a case of looking over your shoulder. gary w.

7. stu jazz blue Forum Member

I had a milk float reverese into my polo and last summer found a note on the wind screen of my when I came out of work one day saying sorry brushed your bumper dont no whos car but ring if there is a problem. Could not belive the person left a note.

8. gary wigg

gary wigg Forum Member

yeah know that one,this one betters that when our car got hit second time went to get in the car at 5.30 am and his wife was in her dressing gown and thats not a nice sight at the best of times she handed me a bit of paper with insurance details and said here you go me husbands gone to work but hit your car again he never had the b*lls to say sorry and will still not make eye contact ,but as this was second time like a mug i did not claim but got a good qoute for them ,but wont do it again.[:x]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  9. Admin Guest

pvs up at grafton street or steve dentons new venture style haus?

stylehaus is Unit 20 Ross Road Weedon Road Ind Est. Npton, NN5 5AX.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2007
  10. Seraph Banned

This is the state of a selfish society we live in and at what expense - some lousy no claims bonus.

As it happens, i witnessed a hit 'n' run just this morning

I heard an almighty bang. Looked out the window to see a nissan sheepishly pull out round a parked polo
    When i got outside, the polos all stoved in on front corner with a puncture.

Wish id been able to get the nissans plate[:x]

11. thegolfman Forum Member

I agree with you totally Seraph.
    I was victim of a hit and run, that wrote off my first mk2... If i hadn't of got his number plate, I would have lost everything without a penny.
    Its so cowardly to drive off. Not only are you a **** driver for crashing in the first place, but you dont have the balls or decency to even tell owner of the car you hit. ****ing Rediculous.
    And the thing is, I was told by the copper dealing with it, it is an arrestable offence.. I was also told he would no doubt lose his license.
    6 months on, I see him driving a big rover, with the arch all smashed in. F'In typical.
    Lose his license my a rse. [:x]

Jon P- Thanks for that... Ive heard good things of Stylehaus, and of Mr Denton Himself.
    IIrc Seizure has just got his car back from there. Ill get a quote and see what they're saying.
    What's this PVS like? Is that Premier??
    I was given a number by a bloke in work today of a little bodyshop on Bunting Road that does decent work.

Is it worth me getting a quote from Volkswagen aswell? Just so that if he contends it and says he's not paying X amount, I could show him the quote from Volkswagen and tell him 'This is what you should be paying' ?

The thing is with this now, Because where not involving insurance companies, I have to fanny around wasting petrol getting quotes. Aswell as the fact that i may lose the use of my car for anything from a few days up to a month. Where do I stand with this?

On the upside to all of this I can get a few extra bits done hopefully. Get a few stonechips touched-up, Some laquer redone and a small dent pulled out.
    Whats the going rate on fitting Audi handles properly?
    Anyway I can *erhermm* factor some of the above into his cost? [><] :lol:

Cheers all. Thanks again for your comments.

12. vduben Forum Member

a decent body hop will be able to blow the coulr in and match it percectly.....

13. mk1steve Forum Member

........... decent being the key word

14. thegolfman Forum Member

Yes so ive been hearing... Decent is definately the key word.
    Any clue as to how much audi handles will cost fitted?

15. Admin Guest

wouldn't even bother with the VW garage, mainly as the one as riverside sucks! but they just aren't interested in old cars, they'll give you a number of a body shop they use.

PVS is premier yes.

there are a few good body shops in and around N'ton.

E38 might be a good place to ask, i can't remember them all off the top of my head.

16. Collie Forum Junkie

if its gonna be any thing like 5 ton to get it fixed why not get the money off him buy another then break or use yours in a mk1 project etc
    could be a money earner

17. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Talk about bad luck!!

Even if you went through insurance companies you would have to fanny around taking your car to places and getting some quotes for your insurance company to deem if they would write it off or not so unfortunately that part of the problem is one every crash victim has to deal with unless the insurance company has a very specific place local to you that they insist on using.

18. Dave J Forum Member

Unlucky! Be wary of giving him a massive quote, as he may then decide to go through the insurance, who could try to write if off...

19. David Number 2 Forum Member

well you beat my time to **** it up.

unlucky mate, but atleast its repairable mate and hes gona pay. Know how you feel though, I got mine all neat and perfect looking just before the meetup I had afew hours before the prang.

what did u say to him when you got out?

Get the pics up

Dave

20. thegolfman Forum Member

*******s!!!
    Ill get some pics tomorrow for you all. Im in work at the mo.

Jon- Cheers for that. Ill also ask on E38. Im trying to wang the day off work tomorrow to get some quotes.

Collie- Im not breaking her, I couldn't... She's too good to break, and the damage isn't that bad.

David- I may have beat your time, But at least it wasn't my fault :p First thing I said To the bloke was 'Are you blind??' He said 'Yeah I must be, I saw the car parked there when i walked out my house, But must of forgot you where there'
    Dozy Tw@!!! [:x]

Your right about the quote's i think, I dont want him to turn around and say its too expensive so he's going through insurance, But on the other hand i dont fancy getting a shabby job done either...

Thanks again for your comments :) <-- Brave face