save A20 GTX?

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by GTXTRA, Jun 4, 2005.

1. GTXTRA Paid Member Paid Member

<DIV>
    <DIV>hello all, recently REJOINEDup but sad to report the likely demise of anice old GTI .........some of u may remember my Helios blue BRM 152 SCIROCCO GTX 'A20 GTX' from Club GTI early 90's,GTI International 90-93 and various articles.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>after a few years overseas i had got her back into regular use and was already getting the accessories bug again, won some smoked indicators on eBay recently, plus smoked repeaters. Had a full BRM service at Easter and she was absolutely purring over recent weeks.......</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>sadly i was taken out by the new motorway blight last Tuesday on MI South of J13- the lane changing when not safe to do so Left Hand Drive 40 tonne artic driven by a non English speaking driver...........Very scary, had my sister and niece in car and apart from whiplash, knocks and bruises we walked away somehow.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>'the beast' as i called the GTX stood up for herself and us well but the entire left hand side is shredded and both rear corners are screwed too. was able to be driven onto wrecker and no fluids/fuel leaked and all the running gear was pointing in the right direction.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Am sadly accepting the 15 year affair with the old girl is at an end, am sure the insurance company are going to screw me despite happily loading my premiums 100% with the mods fittedwhich is where u folks MAY come in to the rescue..........</DIV>
    <DIV>GPC are currently pricing up all the major panels, bumpers, lights that they think they can source and recently sold me a new filler neck pipe for just 90 instead of VAG 160. that was on the beast for a week along with the drilled Zimmerman's........</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>does any body have supply/source/body shop info that could maybe help me save the beast??</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>am waiting for the assessors report as i write this and am sure that they will write beast off financially.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>this is just me perhaps wishfully thinking i can save a pretty unique and much loved scirocco so any comments welcome.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>if nothing else i am thinking of starting petition forcing LHD commercial vehicles to stay in lane one on Motorways...............</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Regards</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Sean Fleetwood</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV></DIV>

2. Raider Forum Member

See LHD Trucks chewing cars all too often [:x]

3. Claypole Forum Junkie

Have a look on Ebay, there were some panels on there last week.

Plus the free car listing day on Thursday means there's load of MK2 Scirocco's for sale, one was at 7.50 ! :thumbup:

4. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Really sorry to hear that Sean.

If you get the option to buy the car back from the insurers, then do that and transfer everything you can save from it, into another good shell!! :)

5. slythe_guy Forum Member

sounds familiar...

nearly had my entire family taken out by a belgian. when an english speaking belgian turned up, he told my mum she should have swerved [:x]

good luck getting it sorted dude

6. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

gutted mate, any pics of before?

and after?

tim