Schumacher, what a c@nt

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by oldnick, Aug 1, 2010.

1. JJ VDUB Forum Member

as long as you lot don't all think Senna was a God then fine.. otherwise you are all hypocrites..

2. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I can't see what the fuss is about. It is racing. It is dangerous. They have tamed it enough to make it boring to watch. Hardly any overtaking. Too much health and safety as it is. I agree with jj vdub.

3. Nordoff Forum Junkie

With a team and 2nd driver built around him.

How boring would this year be if Mclaren and redbull didn't fight co drivers.

4. jamesa Forum Junkie

Me too ...

5. Zaphod

Zaphod Forum Member

Or... is it true... Shumacher is 'The Stig'?

6. PeeJay Forum Junkie

This seems to have turned into a Schumacher Fans v Non-Schumacher fans argument.

So why change that now! I can't stand him.

Yeah on paper the most successful racer, but unlike the really great drivers he never had the great competitor. His reign was one of the low points of F1, the technology had taken over, launch control (even though he still couldn’t start for ****) traction control (he admits at his best, his style was to mash the throttle on the apex and let the TC sort it out) and ABS. He was the most filthy driver of all time, way worse than Senna. He got away with murder because he was the poster boy for F1, he put bums on seats and so was almost never penalized for anything. He was also a Ferrari the most crooked team in F1.

"Motorsport is Dangerous" Is says so on any ticket for any race and on every entry form, but that doesn't mean you can drive someone into the wall at 180mph. Lots of things are Dangerous. I love a bit of Downhill Mountain Biking, which is dangerous, doesn't mean I can elbow someone off the track if they try to pass me.

He was in the wrong on this one. All the BBC team said so, the stewards said so, all the current drivers said so, HE’S said so via a back-handed apology and I fancy the FIA will also say so, and no doubt hand down some pointless fine or penalty to him, because after all he still puts bums on seats.

7. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

For me. It's not about being a Schumacher fan. Why do people watch motorsport? Is it to not see risky manoeuvres? Do they want to see a procession with no overtaking and no crashes? I think everyone is turning soft.
    The motogp race at laguna seca 2 years ago with the battle between Rossi and Stoner was one a memorable one. Stoner complained about dangerous moves. Stoner returned the favour with some strong moves on an injured Rossi in Germany but there were no complaints from him.
    Racing isn't very exciting at the moment and although I don't condone near fatal moves, danger is what gets the heart beating. Works for me anyway as I like a bit of adrenaline.

8. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

To give this debate some sense of perspective, who else performs manoeuvres of this type against other drivers?

(punished or unpunished - doesn't matter)

9. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Vettel (or Schumacher Jnr as they were calling him for a bit) is very fighty when it comes to wheel to wheel stuff.

10. jamesa Forum Junkie

No one was driven into the wall

Schumacher could have driven him into the wall if he wanted to ... but did not

Rubens accepted the risk when he chose to attempt the pass

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  11. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Utter Bull****, Schumacher tried to push him into the wall, he just ran out of wall.

Anyway ;) Rubens didn't attempt to pass, he passed him. He out thought him, he out drove him and when it came to it he had the stones to keep his foot in despite the cheating sod trying to drive him into the wall.

12. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

Yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah.

This is racing, not knitting. Anyone been to formula ford, touring cars, clios, or any rallycross category recently?

Was there an accident? No. Did Rubens have to work for the place? yes. Does Rubens have an axe to grind? certainly.

When Ferrari give places away people moan; 'we want more racing they cry'. When drivers have to work hard for passes, people moan.

I dispair I really do.

13. dubboy76 Forum Member

:clap:

Exactly.

You mean close down a gap in advance and during a potential pass? Just watch any motorsport, whether F1, BTCC...

Or deliberately crash into someone to take them out in a dangerous fashion? Like Senna into Prost.

14. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I found it quite scary to watch it was so tight I couldnt believe there was no contact. Loved his interview though especially when he said "I tried to show him the other way" made me chuckle.

15. dubboy76 Forum Member

He could of run him into the wall easily.

Clearly RB did make the pass but that is not what jamesa said:

16. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

You can't compare this to anything in btcc or formula ford etc as the speeds involved are way higher plus the fact they're open wheeled (I know formula ford are as well) I'm all for excitement and more over taking in F1 but there has to be a limit to how aggressive you can be otherwise where would you draw the line?

17. Admin Guest

just look back at Canada, Schumacher there had nothing to prove but was tripping folk up needlessly left right and centre.

he is a dirty dog end of.

18. PeeJay Forum Junkie

What Jon P said. he's been a dangerous cheating driver his entire carear. Austrialia '94 he coughed and spluttered his knackered car back on the the track after a crash and drove it into Damon Hill and stole the series from him..

He punted Hill off again twice in 1995.

He tried the same thing on Jacques 'effing' Villeneuve in '97, it didn't work that time and at least the stewards decided he was to blame that time and excluded him for a whole year! Of course because it was Fuher Schumacher they excluded him from the 1997 series, which had already ended and he lost it.

In 1998 he drove Heinz Harald Frentzen off the track even though he was't even on the same lap as him.

Attempted to have the 2000 Austrain race reg-flagged after the start (he crashed on the first corner) by driving his clearly broken car back on to the track and the racing line so it would be a re-start (so he could restart in the T Car)

And that's on the ones I remember (and meated out the details with google).

19. dubboy76 Forum Member

Pity some peeps can't isolate one incident but take a completely biased viewpoint and apply it here.

Can someone point me towards the thread on the FIA warning on Hamilton for weaving in Malaysia? Who was doing the moaning then? Oh yes it was Rubens.

20. PeeJay Forum Junkie

It's quite regular to judge someone based on their past form. If I walked into a room to find the dead body of someone who'd been roundhouses to death and there was 3 Nuns and Chuck Norris standing over the body I be forgiven to pointing the finger.

Also there might be a thread on it, but I doubt it. Again weaving and running into a wall are quite different things.