Scirocco for Golf Parts???

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by Gareth83, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

There's a B reg Scirocco GT in the scrappy by me what could I take from it that would fit my Mark 1 Golf campaign?

Wiper arms?
    Bonnet?
    Gear stick and all the rods and linkages?
    exhaust manifold?
    etc etc.

Gonna get the wheels (9 spoke GTi wheels) for winter driving
    Gonna get the steering wheel and then send mine off for a re-trim. Are campaign steering wheels just normal wheels trimmed in leather?

Anything else that would be worth getting?

2. rjscotty Forum Member

manifold
    wiper arms
    linkage

all good

if its got clocks with an mfa can you get them for me ?
    but WITH the 2 plugs and last 6 inchs of the 2 looms feading them [:$] id be very greatfull and a bung for you would be garenteed

3. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

I looked at the wiper arms the first day I was there and they seemed different. ie. different shape. Same size blades though.

I'm gonna go there this afternoon. It's got the MFA clocks but I might need the sensor that connects to the Vacuum tube. Grey resistor or something like that. I'll keep you updated. depends how much I can get it for, but yeah ill see what I can do.

4. Unknown Forum Junkie

most of the mechanicals fit, my mk1 is mostly a mk2 scirocco underneath, gearlinkage, driveshafts, hubs, mounts, rad, seats etc... If its a single wiper one, I used this in a mk2 with some modification, worked well.

5. rjscotty Forum Member

sound i dont need the vacume conection anyway ;)

6. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

i finish uni tomorrow at 4 so i'll have a look what i can get. So you need the clocks do you? ie rev counter etc. it's diff. to a golf clock mind. that ok?

7. rjscotty Forum Member

ye i want to put sirroco clocks in my 8v, this is why i need the last 6inches of the 2 looms feeding the 2 plugs.
    i have a vacume unit to put on the back so thats ok to.
    just remove the clocks i.e rev counter/speedo as 1 unit and insted of unpluging the wiring cut the wiring 6 inches back from the plugs.
    i will be for ever in your debt :lol: