sciroccos

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by nealey, Aug 15, 2006.

1. nealey Forum Junkie

Dont suppose any one on here has a scirocco?

have had a look on the owners forum but they are all purists on there and i cant find one single stripped out track day weapon on there yet!!

i need some where to discuss my crazy ideas!

2. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

Mmm...I wouldn't say they (we) are all purists and it depends which forum your on. I've just made (and unmade) a mk1 G60 - the engine from which will soon be in another mk1. I have friends "oop north" who are currently both doing 1.8Ts into mk1s as well as another G60. All these people post on the Scirocco Register.

If you check your magazines Paul Jordan has a 440bhp 1.8T nitrous mk1 that did 11.2 and Paul Bargate (?) has a mad mk2 on ITBs. Look on the for sale section of No-Rice and you'll see a 300bhp TT powered Rieger mk2.

This time next year I hope for mine to be a bit more track orientated...

Check out the Scirocco forum on VW Vortex and feel free to discuss your crazy ideas here - all these Goof owners are secret Rocco admirers too....

3. Jon GT2 New Member

I have a stripped out GT2 track-car,nothing radical on the engine front just the normal polished up head/cam/manifold/exhaust,Webber,catch tank,oil cooler,electric fuel pump etc.Underneath its all polybushed,3 braces,Eibachs,Spax,285mm conversion,stainless lines,22mm m/cyl servo etc.Inside,buckets,harnesses,momo wheel,half dash etc.Running on 15" alloys and Yoko's.Full missing linkz shift kit.

http://www.wpce.org/gallery/albums/trackday6/normal_DSC_2103.jpg

The car is a little different to the pic now as i had run out of time before the first track-day,it is single headlight and black grille with the oil cooler intake fitted in one of the spolight holes and the catch tank breather in the other.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  4. Throbbe Forum Member

As Mr Brown says, try Scirocco Register, or No Rice attracts a lot of Scirocco owners.

Got a fairly standard looking GTX with an ABF lump in myself, but have always intended to strip another one out for track use when time/money/space permit.

Also, the UK's premier Scirocco event is in a couple of weeks time. The Rocco Mafia Meet

5. Seraph Banned

65k rocco gtx for sale in my local paper last night, 1000!

6. mexicorich Forum Member

Where are you Seraph?
    I like Skyrockets :-)

7. Bundles Forum Junkie

Sciroccos rock! My first car was a rocco GTI and selling it was the worst thing i ever did! i WILL have another!

8. BagPuss

BagPuss Forum Member

Could try the Scirocco World Site and Forum.

Funnily enough it's all about Sciroccos [:D]

9. mexicorich Forum Member

Yes even carb 1.8 Skyrockets are good cars
    The Kjets are fantastic and 16vs are something else
    So for all you people who don't like to hear my bad views on Digis and VR6s, these are cars that I do approve off for a change!

10. Seraph Banned

Presntly, Dorset.

want the rocco details?