Scriv's Polo GTI 6n2

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Scriv, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Scriv New Member

Hi all.. thought I would get a thread of my car on here! Brought this a few months ago for a decent price! It's done 140K..

It's a good standard example, gearbox seems ok so far fingers crossed but the clutch is going so that will be changed soon!

This is how I brought it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

First thing was to change the headlights back to OEM! Found a burnt out plug so used this as my excuse to buy some headlights:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That was it for a while apart from keeping it clean and MOT.. I then wanted to sort the wheels and get it looking better. So a trip to the powder coaters was done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also brought a set of Toyo proxies and some coilovers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So got the wheels fitted and gave it a good clean and this is how it looks now..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've ordered a few little touches for it and will be fitting them soon. I'm really torn on plans for the car, I'd really like to keep it OEM+ looking but I'm unsure on whether to push what power I can from the original engine or save for a 1.8T
    Conversion.. I just want more power and then going to get it handling and stopping well!

Buggirl likes this.
  2. alrp New Member

How much roughly would a 1.8T conversion cost to have done? A job that I couldn't tackle but very appealing.

3. Scriv New Member

I'm guessing around the 2K mark with the help of friends installing.. I've been looking at all the threads I can find on it and it doesn't seem the most straight forward swap! It would be a slow process for me as money is needed elsewhere but I'm thinking about slowly buying bits as I go and trying to find mounts etc already fabricated to make the conversion easier..

4. alrp New Member

Keep us updated please.

5. Buggirl

Buggirl Forum Member

One of my dream cars! Never could find one as gorgeous as this! Reflex silver is the bomb! I had a reflex silver 1.4 match 6n2 and loved it! Keep the pics coming!

6. Buggirl

Buggirl Forum Member

Oh and love the fact you have took the headlight tint off!