Sealey - fantastic customer service

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by EZ does it, Sep 8, 2010.

1. EZ does it Forum Member

I've got one of these Sealey Pro timing lights

[​IMG]

Recently the flash became very very dim, such that it was unusable, I contacted Sealey technical help via the website to which I had a very quick response:
    A change of xenon flash tube was suggested, and the replacement part was sent out free of charge first class. Unfortunately this didn't cure the problem so I got back to the guy helping me who went and spoke to the relevant people and they are now sending out an entire replacement PCB, again free of charge!

So I'd just like to say thankyou Sealey customer service :thumbup:

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

still under warrenty or waht?

sounds decent

3. danster Forum Addict

You could try connecting the red and black power lead to a separate battery (ie, not the car's own one) and just connect the inductance pickup to sparkplug lead no1.
    Some timing lights do not function correctly at tickover when connected to the cars own battery as the voltage fluctuation of the coil recharging can interfere with the inductance pickup. Not an electronic boffin here so the terminology may not be entirely correct but in practice it can make a difference to the flash of the light. :thumbup:

Try it and see if it makes any odds. It has done for me in the past using that type of timing light, but that could be down to me running a larger alt pulley so it may have been marginal if it was charging correctly at tickover.

4. EZ does it Forum Member

I've had it for about 5 years so I doubt there is any warranty here, interesting thought Danny, I'll give it a go, although it does exactly the same on my dads MG, and is equally useless at all RPMs so I'm not holding my breath :lol:

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

From the ads I've seen, the warranty is 1 year on those. Great service from Sealey.

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

maybe if its a "pro" item its lifetime

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

8. m1keh Forum Member

Thankfully most of Sealey's products are heavily discounted by there distributors as well. I have a 1/2inch drive socket set which is lovely and pro so lifetime guaranteed and can't fault it. Hope I don't have to use the warranty on a socket set though.

9. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie