Sealtbelts reeled in, wont come out?

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by mk28vICED, Jun 28, 2010.

1. mk28vICED Forum Member

Im sure this always happens but i had a spare mk2 passenger belt wrapped up and its been knocked about and managed to reel back in so it wont come out now, do i have to take the caps off and reset the damn springs etc or should i just get another one?[:x]

2. beaniegti

beaniegti Forum Member

With perserverance it should come out again. The trick is to put the reel at the same angle it would be in the car though it might be easier to loosely bolt it up and try it in situ if thats possible.

3. nealey Forum Junkie

ive got the same problem atm, removed some rear seatbelts, forgot to tie them and now they are coiled all the way in, i tried to free them off the other day but got bored after 5 mins

4. turnipmuncher Forum Member

+1 :lol:

5. smp1987 Forum Member

This works did it in one of my mk2's its a pig of a job but it dose work :thumbup:

6. G-Man Forum Junkie

Last time i tried this I knocked the coil out and you'll never belive how wound up it gets. I gave up then :lol:

7. ktuludays

ktuludays Forum Member

it has to be at the exact angle it would be in the car. just refit it and it will glide out nicely!!

8. mk28vICED Forum Member

haha I cant believe it but its worked!, just kept trying it gentle at the right angle and it came out bit at a time. very difficult to get top bolt in due to rollcage but done it in the end , cheers guys.