Seat leon tdi suspension upgrade

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Dan W, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

Spent the best of this evening replacing my much used standard shocks and springs, the front shocks were an advisory on the MOT back in october so thought it's about time to get them changed, also had a loud clunking and rattle coming from the drivers front strut area which I believed to be a broken coil spring.
    With new shocks and springs needed I decided just to upgrade the whole lot, I went for a set on ebay made by Jamex that were a bargain at 170 with next day delivery :thumbup:

Started about eight this evening with these:

[​IMG]

Set about doing the fronts first:

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

My guess at a broken spring was correct! it had completely come off the top mount and fell out when I jacked the car up :o
    [​IMG]

the n/s/f spring wasn't broken but I don't think it would of been very long, it had rusted very heavily in the same place the o/s had broken at;

[​IMG]

New rears in place, the new springs are now progressive so hopefully it shouldn't sag so much with a full load and not roll about so much, the shocks are also 30% uprated over standard

[​IMG]

Also had a rear spring broken on the o/s which I had no idea about[:$]

[​IMG]

All done by half ten!

Once the new suspension was in I checked and set the tracking and took it out for a little spin. The car felt better straight away, no cluncking, reduced body roll and a slightly lower ride height but with no obvious effects on comfort levels, all in all a very good kit for the low price plus it came with a five year warrenty :thumbup:

The only bad thing is I also noticed the front lower arm bushes are shot so they'll need doing as well, more bloody money!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010