Sending money via paypal with NO FEES, Its easy when you know how.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nige, Jan 11, 2009.

1. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Could it be something to do with being `verified` or not?

As in my post above (No.5) I was charged a small fee the first time I tried this, but now I`m not charged at all.

The only differance between then and now, is that my account is now `verified`...

2. Admin Guest

i've a rating of 6 when i've tried this.

3. StuMc

Not with you?...

Do you mean ebay rating?

I don`t think that has any siginificance.

4. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Thats interesting..

I`m a Verified Paypal user and I still don`t get fees, even for amounts in the 100`s.

I bet thats it :thumbup:

5. Admin Guest

I have a score of six on paypal, its all a bit hit and miss with getting round the fees.

6. Classy6 Forum Member

I knew about this and get really ****ed off with people when they ask me to send it as a Gift payment!
    As a buyer (typically) if I buy something for a few 100 quid... I expect some sort of leg to stand on if all goes tits up, especially these days. It's only a few percent of the transaction and I always absorb the cost when I sell things and accept payment. Just gives you some sort of come back if anything goes wrong, which it frequently does!!!!

****es me off more when Sellers you expect you to pay EXTRA because they don't want to absorb a few poxy quid to It's a business transaction after all!

7. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

What it means is that as a Paypal account, it is either verified or unverified. Can`t remember exactly what you need to do to get it verified, but once you are, you qualify for better protection and it appears, the option to send money for free.

`classy6`, this isn`t for things from Ebay, its for sending money to buy things from friends etc. :thumbup:

8. StuMc

I know about the `verified` and `non-verified` bit, it`s just the `rating` thing that`s thrown me. I`ve never seen any type of number rating in my account...

To become verified, you have to have the money coming directly from your bank account. They deposit two small random amounts in your account, and you then confirm what these amounts are to verify the account is yours.

You also have to add a `business` name as the final stage. I just put a random made up business name, and it was done. Dead easy...

9. Funky Diver Forum Member

Personally.. I won't be doing the Gifted thing again after getting ripped off by someone on here to the tune of 65.

Sending gifted or payment owed is an easy way to pi55 your cash away with no recourse.

10. thegave Forum Member

Yeah.. Insist on photos, pictures, phone numbers.

11. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Has this been looked into by the mods?

12. DOOBY

DOOBY Banned

Dave is reluctant to use this method and posted that warning nearly 2 yrs ago!

I personally, would like reassurances when using the facility so have no qualms paying a few quid in fee's.

When I went into business nearly 20 years ago, a friend gave me some pointers; Trust no one!!

13. shanco73 New Member

I would advise NEVER send a paypal payment as gift unless you know the person you are sending the money to. If the person does not send the item you will not have any come back at all.

And there is no way of sending paypal money for free. Someone always pays the charge.
    If you choose gift, the sender pays the charge.

I have been ripped off by a user of this forum to the tune of 40. what comes around goes around. I will not be fooled again, let this be a warning to you do not be fooled at all.

14. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I think you will find no one gets charged. You just dont get the protection. You could always pay the 4% for your protection.

15. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Just to double check this was reported?

16. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

There is a certain amount of trust with sending money to anybody for goods you don't know, be that a private sale, mail order or internet sale

TBH you can't always trust half the people you do know !!

17. Furey

Furey Forum Member

I bought some brake callipers from a 'well trusted' member of another forum and they were complete write offs, but had no comeback as I'd paid as a gift. Will never do that again.

18. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

Paying from a combo of Paypal balance and bank balance didn't work for me. I don't know why it can't show the fees or possibility of fees up front instead of maybe or lies [:x]

Anyways I made this basic excel formula for the current 3.4% +20p

Code:
    =SUM(A1-0.2-((A1-0.2)*3.4/100))
    put that in a cell other than A1 and then you can bump up the value in A1 until the desired sum after fees pops out.