shed is built, now i have oily hands

Discussion in '8-valve' started by mk1jt, Oct 19, 2008.

1. mk1jt New Member

Hi all I'm a new member to the forum but have been using the site as a great source of informaion and inspiration for years. Now after a year of building a workshop and sourcing a 2l block I can now start work on the supposedly simple 2l 8v conversion into a mk1.

I thought i had found a 3a low mileage block from a breakers but during the process of stripping it it turned out to be a abk block (lesson learnt never buy blind). any way thanks to the guy who posted the thread on reconing tappets,ok to the point, after much deliberation I'v decided to keet it simple and cheap opting for larger valves and cam.but i just need advice on what throttle body to use or does it not really matter, anyway enough babbling thaks all in advance, also I have all the ancilleries of the abk engine, came of a audi 80 k/l reg up for anyone that needs them Just pay the postage thats all i ask