Show me your mega squirt!! Ooo-err!

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by jaistanley, Jul 4, 2004.

1. jaistanley Forum Member

Has anyone here had a go at the megasquirt project?

In particular, megasquirt AVR or megasquirt'n'edis..

I would very much like to fit it to my K-Jetted ABF engine and would seriously LOVE to see what any of you guys have done as its all rather daunting to start with!

Jai

2. jaistanley Forum Member

Has No one done this?? Come on guys

Jai

3. Unknown Forum Junkie

No but I'm interested!

4. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

I'm doing this as soon as I sell my other car to get funds (and stop the mrs whinging). There's a fair amount of info out there, have a look here, here, and basically this entire forum. There's a Yahoo Group specifically for Megasquirt on VAG engines, called MegaVAG :lol:

I'm probably going to go for Megasquirt'n'Spark for my ignition, it seems a damn sight easier than EDIS to implement on the 16v engines, and I've already got everything you need on the car.

5. jaistanley Forum Member

Looking into it more, i think I'l skip the Megasquirt AVR for a first project. The regular mega squirt might be a good project initially and add the mega spark in later when I can get my head round it all..

Think i'll use the crank position sensor in my ABF block, get the inlet manifold and throttle body from the ABF and get some 1.8t or G60 injectors and fuel rail. All i'll need then is an O2 sensor, wideband or otherwise.

Will keep you all posted, as long as you do to!!

Jai

PS.. I could always fit a passat auto throttle body.. Are these hard to come by??

Edited by: jaistanley

6. Tarmac Terror Forum Member

LOL - this is a coincidence as I've been looking at this as well. Just got a price back for the whole kit (the 3 bits you need), works out cheap for a mapable injection system. Am thinking of using this to replace the V-Sam etc ect on the MK1.

7. Tarmac Terror Forum Member

8. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

I think that's a good idea starting with just plain injection first, that way you can get one side sorted before you go messing up the next.

You can't use the crank position sensor on the ABF, it has a 60-2 wheel, EDIS needs a 36-1 trigger wheel.

I haven't looked at the ABF throttle body, but I know Passat auto ones are getting hard to find. I have sourced one from an Audi quattro 20v, so that's another option to look out for. In fact, I may not need it now i've bought these. For an o2 sensor, I managed to get a G60 downpipe, complete with sensor for the grand sum of 5 :p Bargainest goldmine ever :lol:
    Edited by: martyn_16v

9. altern8 Forum Junkie

do a search on here i put a post up ages ago :)