Sigma 120-400mm

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by mk1 driver, Apr 1, 2009.

1. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

Has anyone had any experience of the long range Sigma lenses? I believe that the price may reflect the quality - Canon lenses being about double the price for the same length.

A few google searches reveal that they do tend to break down more frequently than other lenses (one American story being that these lenses continually didn't operate fully straight out of the box!) but I'm guessing that really depends on the usage and the environment?

I already have a Tamron 100-300mm lens for my Canon 350D. I'm not looking to buy anything at the moment but would like a bit more range at race meetings to fill the frame... and without costing the earth (unless that really is the only way to go?).

Edit: link to the lens might help!
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/788204/art/sigma/120-400-mm-f4-5-5-6-dg-ap.html

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Id like to get a similar lens at some stage too, currently have the 70-300 Tamron DI lens. Not spending 600+ though. Ouch!!