Sigma alarm & immobilisor help needed

Discussion in 'Security' started by richthegill, Jul 29, 2006.

1. richthegill New Member

Right then.

I bought a Golf GTI MK3 with Sigma alarm and Immobilisor ( I Have NO clue what one though it does have the keypad) and the remote fob has packed in. I have changed the batteries and tried many different things but it does not work.

Now my car is immobile. Is there any way of deactivating the immobilisor? I have no clue what model the alarm is, what the keycode is or anything. Basically the car is sat down the road unable to move!!
    Many Thanks

2. golfmanuk Forum Member

you could either contact the previous owner of the vechile and get the keycode to enter, my mate had one of these alarms on his subaru and had no probs

or you can take it out but........ that not a real easy job, the only other thing i could suggest is find the relay should be on a ignition wire you could cut this out and connect the two ends and maybe this should work but...... depends on how well the alarm was put in and whether you can find the wiring lol good luck

3. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

Ok on your keypad type in *17856 then *91 then *1 # then press remote control till alarm beeps
    This should reprogram remote in

Ian

4. golfmanuk Forum Member

Look at that lol thats hell of a lot easier top bloke,,,,,

anyhow im after a alarm for my golf mk2 would like thatch with window closing and micro sensor ETC any idea of how much ?

5. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

Toad AI606 Thatcham Cat 1 235 fitted
    Microwave Sensor 45 Fitted
    2 window Closure 70 fitted

Hope that gives you a ball park figure

my site www.mobilecaralarms.com has other options

Regards Ian

6. golfmanuk Forum Member

ok thanks, think i will leave it and just get one of ebay and fit my self [:D]

7. golfmanuk Forum Member

could i have the product code of the window closer unit if poss mate?

8. madmonkey Forum Addict

Isn't that just a little bit cheeky? :lol:

9. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

Very

10. golfmanuk Forum Member

Not at all, i cannot justidy spending 350 on an alarm which i belive i am more then compadent to fit also the actual alarm only costs around 100 at trade price

i understand people have got to run a bizness ETC but 350 for an alarm to be wired is A LOT of money and to me the Thatch cert isnt worth 350 so i will source an alarm of the magical place called ebay

also you can get trackers for around 350 to 1000 lol i think im not 100% sure but that is also worth a look as a tracker would DEF be worth 350!

Didnt mean to offend so apologies to whom it concerns
    and thanks for responding

found a control module on ebay for 35

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOAD-2-or-4-WINDOW-CLOSER-ADD-ON-FOR-CAR-ALARM_W0QQitemZ280011031033QQihZ018QQcategoryZ75329QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  11. richthegill New Member

Hi Ian thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it didn't work, purely because the keypad doesn't have a * or # button on it! It only has a little plastic numeric keypad on the windscreen.

Thanks for trying though.

12. richellis Forum Member

turn the ignition on and press the alarm key fob button is wot it says in the book to turn off the imobiliser.
    note if you press random keys on the pad you can
    1, block the key pad
    2, damage the key pad and this confuses the alarm.
    had a prob with mine and a new pad for 30 sorted it.
    also if there are lots of mobile fone masts this causes the remote signal to scramble as the alarm thinks someone is trying to grab the codes

13. Toad New Member

Hi, I've got roughly the same problem, I think it's a Sigma S30 alarm, the keyfob looks like this
    [​IMG]

Will this above method work? I don't want the alarm to throw a fit, and end up with the car immobilised!

Do I need to reprogram both keyfobs?

I've noticed that the LED on the faulty keyfob flashes 3 times, instead of remaining lit for a couple of seconds.

Thanks

14. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

should replace batterys and try code given earlier
    Ian

15. LordSuicidal New Member

Thankyou! You're a ****ing GOD! :clap:

16. neilhaj New Member

Hi There

I have just purchased a peugeot 206 that has a sigma alarm and remote central locking system fitted. The first problem is me nor the owner before me know the code for the keypad (not a problem at the minute because the remote works). The second problem is that i want to purchase another remote (just incase we lose one), i have found a remote that is identical to mine on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sigma-Alarm-K...ryZ75329QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) but will it work on my car?

Thanks in adance for your kind help

Neil

17. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

PM sent oh and yes i can help on all counts MR_TOAD to the rescue

Ian

18. richie50 New Member

I have the same problem.......no code....no way of finding it out as last owner never used it.....remote seems to work ok as light comes on when the button is pressed........help please!!!

19. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

I have the fob shown above and a S30 alarm. i disconected the battery to add a wire to positive terminal and the alarm will not arm/disarm.
    i dont have the keypad or the manual
    any ideas how to sort out the alarm without a hammer or petrol?