Simraceway....PC Game :)

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Pluginz, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Pluginz Forum Member

Hello all.

I have always been interested in the PC car simulator scene but never mentioned it. Ive noticed a few of you play the old car sims, whether it be GT5, or Forza, or the PC sims.

My old faithfull game was GT Legends on the PC, played it loads, along with the other Simbin titles, enough to give me a headache these days though, the same old feel, gets boring.

So ive managed to find something which I consider quite new. Its called Simraceway. Some of you might have seen or heard of this before. Its not been out for long I dont think, couple of months if that. To be honest I think its an old Gmotor2 physics engine, same as GTL, rFactor etc, but heavily modified. It works excellent in my opinion and gives me a great feeling of control, better than all the other old simbin titles, not sure about the consoles :) !

You get a mistubishi Evo to start with.. You can buy cars with REAL money or win money in events that are run over the course of a month. Ive only done abount 60 miles so far, game lap times update through the web, saves all of your laps and replays, very competetive!!!

The great thing about this game is its completely free!!!

Heres one of my laps around Sears Point. Im using the H shifter for gears, but the video is so dark you cant really tell. Is there anybody here who could brighten up the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSjITc5hkIw

2. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Nice! I will be looking into this one soon when i get all my kit setup again. Had to move it all for a house viewing.

What wheel/pedal's are you using?

3. Pluginz Forum Member

My 2nd G25, the old trusty :)

4. BURNI

BURNI Forum Member

Looks quite good smate will have to give it ago next time im up your place

5. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

2nd? No G27?

I have a CSR Elite but not really anywhere to use it[:^(]

6. Pluginz Forum Member

Yeah, that would be great Jase!

My 2nd G25. The first one I had in 2008 cracked inside from abuse and aggression, hehe Jase!! Managed to win a non calibrating one off ebay for 20, playstation user. I swapped all the bits over and basically had a brand new G25 for 20 quid, bargain!!! I should of made a G25 repair guide on you tube back then. Stripped the whole thing down to little bits and rebuilt it, works a treat now.

These days Im abit calmer behind the wheel, :)

Let me know when you get the Game Matt. Burni m8, fnacy the download? Keyboard? :)

7. andypaterson Forum Member

How does this compare to Live for Speed?

8. Collie Forum Junkie

what spec pc do you need?

9. Pluginz Forum Member

Hmmm, comparing it to 'Live for Speed. I did play LFS for a little while and thought it was quite good, although I never got that seriously into it, but obviously people do.

The FFB feels good. When the car spins it lands exactly where it should I suppose. Its worth a shot for free.

Computer spec wise, all depends on what monitor and settings your running. There are quite alot of graphics setting in and outside of the game. Standard 19" LCD, you could get away with a fairly old spec machine, Pentium 4 would work! Going to a bigger screen mind, and wanting the perfect smooth graphics your going to need something abit more beefy. Even the old core 2 duo's from 5 years ago are still very capable and would run this game easy, say an old E6600 2.4ghz, no problem!!!
    Graphics card would be 512mb DDR3 minimum spec to run nice on a 19" screen. Anything biggerm tho, get something with 1gb DDR5 DX11 and you should be sweet :)