Six Brake Hoses?

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by paulm2322, Aug 27, 2021.

1. paulm2322

paulm2322 Paid Member Paid Member

Hi folks,

Just a quick question. Does anyone know why 97 Golf with 288mm discs have 6 brake hoses instead of four? I’ve got a garage fitting Goodridge braided kit for me next week and he sounded perplexed why there are six hoses. Four to the brake callipers so where do are the other two small ones fitted?

thanks in advance.

Paul

2. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

Bodyshell to rear axle to cope with the movement of the rear beam, what kind of garage are you using that wouldn't think of that.

3. paulm2322

Thanks for the reply,

they’re a reputable garage, I’ve used before.

It was the woman on reception asking me but It sounded like the mechanic was stood next to her asking. Sounded more like he was thinking I’d bought the wrong hoses for my car.

I’ve attached a pic of the ones I’ve bought. I’m 99.9% they’re the correct ones.

Attached Files:

4. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

Looks correct to me, the long pair are for the front brake calipers to body, the short pair with female connectors are body to rear beam and the other two are rear beam to rear brake calipers obviously when replacing each one you check lengths are the same as well as end fittings, but they certainly look correct as far as I can tell in the pictures.

paulm2322 likes this.
  5. paulm2322

[:D][:D][:D]
    Nice one Valve, getting them put on, weld a hole up in the floor and new ignition switch at same time. Good job I love Golf Gti’s!