Skoda Fabia vRS Limited

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by barrowfordred, Jul 21, 2009.

1. barrowfordred Forum Member

After 5 years of Mercedes A-Class ownership ( I still have a Rallye Golf G60) I've taken the plunge and bought one of these -

[​IMG]

Skoda Fabia vRS Limited.

The A-Class was beginning to cost me money and I was passing the local Skoda dealer yesterday when I spotted the car parked outside.
    2 hours later and after a spirited test drive the deal was done.

I'm sure I'll love the vRS :thumbup:

I drive over 70 miles per day commuting so a diesel was really a necessity due to fuel economy, and the vRS will give me that, along with good performance.

Anything I should look out for?

2. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Im picking up a Polo GT Thursday, same car differen't badge! Bloody fly don't they! General things to look out for I'd expect are the same as polo, clonking noises as console bushes and strut tops wear. Springs snap due to the heavy engine, expecting it to be hard on the brakes too, guess that depends how you drive it.:)

3. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

my mate had a VRS. Now I've not been in every fast car ever produced, but his was the fastest I've ever been in, the torque was incredible, even in 5th gear at 30mph you got shoved back in your seat, it used hardly any fuel either! He had his remapped/ chipped though, to around 185bhp - said it cost him circa 400! If I had a spare 5-6k upwards I would have one of these!

4. Ess Three Forum Member

Good little cars...I have had mone for just over 2 years...
    But that 'stutter'...I hope yours isn't too bad...mine is driving me mad (1800RPM EGR related stutter).

Comedy lean angles on standard suspension...but surprisingly grippy and actually fairly good handling too.