Skoda Octavia VRS mk2

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Ditchyboy, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Ditchyboy Forum Member

Hi,

I was just interested in peoples opinions on the mk2 skoda Octavia vrs saloon. Also does anyone know of any problems to look for.
    A guy at work was telling me how he has been half heartedly trying to sell his 06 plate octavia with only 45,000 on the clock. It has ran out of MOT and has no tax as it hasnt been used for nearly a year as he went through a messy split up, moved house and job and had a work van before now sharing his new partners diesel car.
    It has FSH, have skoda and half through a Ford dealer where he got it from, he has owned since 2008 and has only put on 8k in that time.
    He would take 5k with no haggling but i am thinking as i would want a service, MOT, Hpi report, tax and maybe the cambelt done so i ideally want to try to get him down to 4,500.
    Is this as good a price as i think or can they readily be had for this price? Bear in mind i do not know this guy that well so without sounding harsh i do not want to totally trust him and get conned.

Thanks

Michael

2. mbuk2456 Forum Member

Is it petrol or diesel? The petrol ones are going for around 5k mark with history and an MOT etc so i would try and knock him down! Some of them dont come very well spec'd either which make them not as desirable! Find out what options it has, 18" wheels, dual climate,jumbo box, full trip computer are the popular options. Race blue ones seem to sell for a few hundred quid more too!

Good cars though and a more spacious than a mk5 golf Gti with similar performance
    The 2.0tdi ones seem to suffer from the Dpf filter problems especially if they have not been exercised regular

3. Ditchyboy Forum Member

hi mate, it is a petrol. I looked into it more after i wrote this and realised that 5k wasnt that great, was thinkinh maybe 4200 if he would go that low. Wont see him for another week and might go for a cheaper diesel VAG instead. I only know that it has 18" alloys, not sure on the rest of the spec.
    Might get a Bora or Passat estate, wish they did the Bora estate over here!