Skoda Octavia VRS

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Chrisrpal, May 29, 2013.

1. Chrisrpal Events Team

Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy a 03/04 Skoda Octavia VRS 20VT.

Has anyone on here got one and can tell me how the car drives/ handles?

Is there any common faults with this car I should know about apart from normal wear and tear?

I am holding out for a black, Red or Yellow one. I think black is the colour I really want.

See link below:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../radius/1501/page/1/postcode/da76sr?logcode=p

I have a budget of around 2500 so should get a half decent one with low mileage. It's simular spec to my old Nissan Primera GT.

2. mbuk2456 Forum Member

Have a look on the briskoda forum, very good mk1 Octavia vers buyers guide on there! For around 2500 you should pick up a good one, in fact I think there's a red one for sale by a forum member at the moment

3. Chrisrpal Events Team

Thanks Bud, I will do that :)

4. cometbluecoupe Forum Member

Wonder if you could get a mk1 S3 for not a lot more? (sameish car with 4wd and more power)

Or potentially for even less cash a leon cupra (same engine as vrs isnt it)

Cheers

Dan

5. academygaz New Member

Still looking? I can help. The common problems with the Octavia is water in the door loom on the drivers side, that can cause allsorts of issues (same with most Mk4 platform cars) like non-opening doors, funky central locking issues etc. Cleaning the plug up with WD40 helps but a replacement door loom is better, around 100 secondhand. Other than that, its coilpacks, bushes, broken springs etc, standard Mk4 things. The Octavias aren't abused as much as Leons, Golfs and S3s which means mint ones for around 2.5k, average around 2k and ropey for 1500. Definitely get on Briskoda though, its a mine of info.

6. Chrisrpal Events Team

7. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member