Skoda Octavia

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Paul_TDi, May 29, 2007.

1. Paul_TDi Forum Member

I'm looking at trading me golf in, and was looking at the Octavia. One of the high spec TDi models with an '04 plate.

How would it compare with my GT TDi (115ps 6spd) golf?

I'm quite hard on my cars so can it take a thrashing?

anything to look out on them?

also whats the difference between the top models, it was elegance and something else?

Cheers.

2. gorilly Forum Member

same engines as the golf so check the normal stuff although most come with 5spd (so i found when i was looking at them)

i think not sure though
    GL is the poor man petrol model
    Classic is mid range / poor mans tdi
    Ambiente is the rich mans car haha
    elegance - for alan sugars all over
    Laurin + Klement .. special edition? alan sugar with something posh added no doubt?

ahh just found this on parkers

Standard Classic specification includes body coloured bumpers, front airbags and seat belt tensioners, power steering, height and reach adjustable steering column, ABS, split folding rear seat (60/40), three rear headrests, three rear three-point seatbelts, door pockets, boot net for securing smaller items.

Ambiente trim feature air conditioning, trip computer, height-adjustable driver and passenger seats, electric windows, six CD multi-changer and eight speaker-stereo, remote central locking, door security lights, and dashboard warning light when seatbelts are not fastened in addition.

Elegance models add 16-inch alloy wheels, an electric sunroof, side airbags, EDL, ASR (in the 20v and tdi engine models) variable height boot floor and headlight washers.

‘Laurin & Klement’ editions also feature metallic paint, 16-inch dark chrome wheels, xenon headlights, leather / alcantara upholstery, heated front seats, chrome headlights and cruise control.

3. lufbramatt Forum Member

well the amount of cabbies that use them must mean that itll take a good thrashing! I know a taxi driver that has a tdi octy with over 270k on, serviced properly he hasnt had any problems with it. Only thing ive heard of was a clip that holds the fuel filter on rubbing through the fuel filter causing fuel to spill everywhere and loss of power from engine, think this may have been a recall.

watch out for special edition ones too

my dad has a silverline one which was the same as the ambiente but with nice 16" alloys, metallic paint, some of they VRS bodykit and leather steering wheel etc. think they did a blueline one too which was the same but metallic blue lol

a guy at work has a laurin and klement one, very nice inside, all heated leather and electronic goodies :)

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  4. Paul_TDi Forum Member

thanks for info guys.

down to insurance though I think I'll be going for a '03+ Seat Leon TDi SE.

Just need to save a few grand now and trade my golf in :S

5. Seraph Banned

if youre happy with seat/skoda, i think either would be a great choice.

6. gorilly Forum Member

elaborate on that a bit for me, something tells me you would not be happy with seat or skoda sera

7. Paul_TDi Forum Member

Yer do tell Seraph.. leave us with half a story!