Slim quick release boss

Discussion in 'Security' started by Caddyrage, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Caddyrage Forum Member

2. Admin Guest

I have heard bad things about the cheap one, lots of play not a good connection.

3. somafunk Forum Member

Tried it on my momo and car sat in the garage, not impressed with the quality or finish so i immediately removed it and got my money back from the seller with no problems at all - other folk seem to be happy with the boss but there probably fitted to a chav'd up corsa or worse....a french car.

I'd like to fit one for extra security but they all move the wheel too far from my preferred position.

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Forum Member

Just wondering - to be road legal do you have to re-connect the spade for the horn each time you put the wheel back on?

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

I used the above quick release boss - it's quite good as a deterrent. Being slim means you can still touch the stalks with your fingertips.

I got a little play in mine but nothing major. I have a friend who uses one on his track car with no issues.

Jagermeister - No the spade connecter is attached behind the boss so you simply attach the steering wheel, turn the collar and that's it.

6. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

I had a Momo one years ago. Was really good.

Come to think of it i still have it somwehere. Not sure where though ?