Snapped vacuum connection on Throttle Body... Fix?

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Lord0pants, May 8, 2017.

1. Lord0pants Forum Member

Pretty much as the title says... I bought an Audio 90 2.2l Throttle Body as an upgrade for my mk1 gti (complete with 16v WUR, ported inlet manifold and auto tech cam).

Unfortunately the Audi Throttle Body arrived with a broken brass connection on the rear (it's supposed to be a tiny 2(?)mm connection but it's snapped off at its insertion pint on the manifold).

I get the impression that the best way to try and fix is by drilling it out and trying to tap/drive in a replacement fitting.

Any suggestions as to where I might find one?

Is it more hassle than it's worth... Should I just try and source another Throttle Body? Problem is, they're vintage and not cheap!

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Drill it out and press in something like a piece of metal brake line, or a windscreen washer plastic fitting.
    Is there one or two fittings, and if two are both required?

3. Lord0pants Forum Member

[​IMG]
    Have a look closely. I believe only the tiny hole on the left is supposed to have a vac line fitment.

Just need not sure where to get such a small diameter fitting from...

4. Lord0pants Forum Member

... Maybe they both should have connections..?? Anybody out there with a 2.2l Throttle Body??

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

poke summat thin down them. look inside the TB, see if there are matched holes and the thin pokey implement comes out into the inside.

you could just block them all off, and move the dizzy vacuum line to one of the nipples on the brake servo hose with a T piece if required. mk2 golf have the dizzy vacuum pipe here rather than on the throttle body

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

worst case use a mk2 throttle body, they are the same size as the audi 'upgrade' items

7. Lord0pants Forum Member

Thanks Jonny. I actually have a mk2 item too, but the Throttle switch/lever needs modifying. If it's too hard, I can't understand it.

Last edited: May 9, 2017