Snooper SR6

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by MKVGTTDI, Apr 13, 2007.

1. MKVGTTDI New Member

HI,

As I get the SR6 Neo this weekend I wonder if anyone has installed the Laser unit in the front grill of an MKV?

The unit looks to fit just under the number plate between the gaps of the grill using the sizes advertised but if I look at the fitting plates I can only think of fitting it to the frame of the grill itself as behind is the rad and no frame to fix it on.

Any tips are most welcome.

2. MKVGTTDI New Member

Installed the unit this weekend.

The Laser unit is now nice and neatly installed under number plate. It is right in the middle of it and fitted on the first rib of the grill below the plates. So perfect position. Also i have not used the backing plates supplied for the fitting but used instead two component plastic glue.
    This formed a rock solit seal between the unit and the grill. Also the unit is hardly visible that way.

The wire I have run up behind the front grill and then run it along the bonned cable so it is nice and neat. Mind you it is a pain in the back to fiddle the cable along the wing where the bonned cable is.

Also as there is only the sucktions caps for the S6 neo I have made a custom fitting for it using the existing backing and then using fast glass matts and p38 to create a neat bracket for it. This I Have then sprayed in black matt to fit the inderior of the car.

I will get some photos this week.

The unit is also hardwired in to the aircon unit as i did not want to use the cables behing the fuse box. I wired it there as i had the radio out anyway and did some prep work for the car kit

3. Admin Guest

be interested in the photos of this....

4. gti8v Forum Member

what does this do?
    detect or block mobile laser?

5. MKVGTTDI New Member

it is based on two things.
    1. GPS detections .
    2. Laser & rada detections.

This way it will pick up everything (or it should).

Gatso Safety Cameras
    Truvello Safety Cameras
    SPECS Camera Systems
    Radar & Laser Guns
    Digital Cameras
    Accident Hotspots
    All fixed radar and mobile laser speed monitoring systems

I have not installed any blocker (not legal erm.. ;))

6. Seraph Banned

snoopers are ok, apart from the subscription fee

7. MKVGTTDI New Member

yea i paid 99 for life time which is ok ut still a lot to lay out.
    I would not do the monthly fee as this is expensive over time.

8. Dr Gonzo Forum Member

There's a place in Bedfordshire where I'd love to test one of those.
    On the A428 there's a wee village (whatever) called Turvey.
    If you enter it heading towards Northampton there's a Truvelo that is so neatly positioned, that you only see it when it's way too late, as I found out the first time.

Admittedly, it's a 60 into a 30, and it's well signposted, but you know what I mean.
    It's always handy having a gadget like that in the car... Especially if it's dark, and you've forgot to turn your headights on.;)