So Audi A3 handbrake not too good then?

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Russ_JDUB, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Russ_JDUB Forum Member

I got home about an hour ago after being at the G/F's house all weekend, go upstairs to my room and there's a note on the door saying something about the Police and an Audi.

So I go downstairs and ask my mum WTF is going on. She said that on Saturday at around Midday there was a loud crash followed by a car alarm.

She said she rushed outside to see a yellow Audi sticking out in the middle of the road outside our house but no-one in it. Apparantly loads of neighbours came rushing out to see what all the comotion was all about but nobody recognised it or knew who's it was. So the old man called the filth, who promptly turned up and started neighbour knocking.

It turned out to be a womans company car, who'd parked 10 houses up the hill and had popped in to see her friend. She insists the handbrake was on, and the police verified this, as it was pulled up high. The car was an 04 reg aswell!!

Her car had rolled all the way down the hill and hit the rear bumper on my BT Transit Connect. The rear doors still open, but the bumper's a bit dented. I rang her up half hour ago and said not to worry and hoped she was alright. I can't be bothered with all the stress and hassle with claiming.

- Thing is though if it'd been a day during the week, she wouldn't have hit my BT van - it would've been the Mk2 as I park it infront of the van! I wouldn't have been so friendly had it hit my own car though! [xx(]

2. 91davidw Forum Member

Lucky !!!! [:D]

So how you gonna get the bumper fixed then.... [:s]

Cheers
    David

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

She should have left it in gear if parking on a hill the dozy bint. Rear discs get cool and contract, then the handbrake loses effectiveness. Id claim off her to be honest, she wont do it again.

4. jjarvis Forum Junkie

[xxx]

Lucky Boy! I'd have put the van through her front teeth if she'd hit your mk2!

if its her company car, claim off her mate, honestly

5. FABVR6 Forum Member

stop being so grumpy, she made a mistake, didnt do anyone any harm, only a company van!!

6. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

But if she continues to do it, and not realise the errors then it might happen to something else, god fobid it was a kid in the street her un-manned car knocked down. Too many people driving cars that dont have a clue how they work. Its not being grumpy!!!!!!!

7. Guests Banned

ahhhh i see the probelm.....she's female.....probably to weak to pull it up correctly

although deako's does sound more scientific :lol: ;)

8. Russ_JDUB Forum Member

Yea she was lucky to be honest - could've easily gone all the way down the hill and killed somebody. She left a message on my phone this morning and apologised a number of times, so I'll leave it at that.

Sometimes in life it's just better to forgive and forget. When the van next goes in for a service I'll just say someone hit it but I didn't see it. No harm done.

I'm pretty laid back really, and that's the way I like to be. :) Too much stress in this world...

9. rocco Forum Member

Good for you Russ. It's true though you didn't see someone hit it. But you might want to tell her about Deako's first comment, so she doesn't do it again.

10. Russ_JDUB Forum Member

My brother mentioned to her to leave it in gear next time she parks on a hill, so hopefully it'll never happen to her again. :)

11. Yorkie Forum Member

I have to agree. There are too many people who don't even know that there lights have two settings.

I bet she'd have made a claim had the shoe been on the other foot. Stupid people need to be taught a lesson.

Cheers, Jamie

12. sportline Forum Junkie

couldnt agree more with russ on this one, ive got a company van and if had hapened to that i'd have done the same. whats the point in taking it to the insurance company just to teach her a lesson??

granted if it was my car i would have to chase the money but theres some people far to eager to jump straight after the cash.
    some people would probably try and claim whiplash for having to get out of bed to fast when they heard the crash :lol: