Socket sets

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by Lloydus, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Lloydus New Member

Ive got a facom socket set from 8mm to 24 or 27mm.

Been looking at getting a set but do I really need it or is it another toy?

Cheers

2. matt~driver Forum Member

the set i use the most is 3/8 i find 1/2 a bit big i snap stuf and 1/4 nice but jenaraly can do with out

3. m1keh Forum Member

4. Mike_H Forum Addict

I like the 1/4 inch Britool set I've got (not the same as that one).

It's light and quick to use, fits in places a 3/8" set doesn't, you tend not to over-tighten delicate stuff, and the combination of long and short sockets means there are lots of fitting options.

5. Marty's Dub Forum Member

1/4" set is a very popular and handy set in my toolbox. Especially with small fiddly stuff! I have a smaller more condensed, earlier version of this. Has both metric and imperial sockets and since most the work I do is carried out on American equipment, having both is a must for me!

6. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

i have a king dick BA set that always comes in handy for stuff under 8mm, jubilee clips require this set a lot. its worth having.

7. TJ2727 Forum Member

I did not have a 1/4 set till I got some as part of a Blue-Point set. Have used it quite a lot. There is often times you need to tighten up a item a lot with lots of ratchet turns with not much torque being needed. For this a 1/4 is fantastic.