**SOS ALARM PROBS***

Discussion in 'Security' started by who_said_that, Nov 3, 2003.

1. who_said_that New Member

Hi All

I have a problem with my alarm; its a Scorpion 5000 or VW 5000. This is how it goes;

I am driving along and I hear the alarm siren going off very quietly. So I park up; the siren is going off even if the alarm is activated or de-activiated. So I have turned the siren of.

Now when I arm the car, the windows shut, the doors lock, the imobilser kicks in. But the indicators dont blink when I arm or Disarm.

I know there have been a few problems with these alarms but I havent heard of anything like this!!!!!

2. Pete Forum Member

IMO the Scorpion 5000 alarms are c***!

I had one on mine that one day decided to immobalise my car and the siren would not stop going off, even after pressing the button on the key fob.

I called Scorpion and they said the entire unit would need to be removed and sent back to them to be re-calibrated!!!

I had it removed, but it is not going back on again! Will maybe go for a Clifford as I hear they are good from what has been said on this forum.