Sound system broken heeelp please

Discussion in 'ICE' started by mirabellious, Jan 26, 2011.

1. mirabellious New Member

Hi got my sound system in and working perfectly thank you for all your help.

My sound system has now just stopped working... well its working on the original back speakers and the original tweeters that I haven't replaced on the car. However the front speakers, sub and extra tweeters have all stopped, no sound at all.

I have checked the ground, nothing has moved all the same and ok. The amps still have green lights on, the fuses are ok. The remote wire is ok. The fuse in the back of the stereo is ok. I've checked the RCA's and they are working. Do you know what else I can try/ it could be please??? Desperately in need of advice

O I've checked the speakers on the system in the house and the sub and all ok and not blown.

2. DJUPLIFT Forum Member

Sounds like youve missed something then mate if all that's working you should have sound

3. whitemk2 Forum Member

possibly a broken speaker wire or maybe a trim clip or screw has pierced and earthed the cable.
    you could try some more cable but before you run it through the vehicle just test wire it up to the head unit or amp

4. mirabellious New Member

even tried a different stereo and still nothing. Can all the speaker wiring go in one go? We checked the wire still connected to the back of the speakers but the whole lot of wiring to go (to tweeters and 2 6x9's) in one go can't have happened can it? O the mess of the speaker wires humpf

Thanks for the replies much appreciated

5. whitemk2 Forum Member

unless the wiring has all melted into one lump i don't think so.
    is it just the rear output gone? if so unplug the fronts and wire them to the rears. if that still dont work then something is up with the wiring

6. mirabellious New Member

nothing melted.

When you say rear output what do you mean exactly? Bit lamen's terms for me here sorry

We tried different rca's in different sockets in back of stereo and on other stereo still nothing. The back speakers and tweeters that came with the car are still working so I'm absolutely stumped now.

7. WillG

WillG Forum Member

just to clarify - your stereo is wired into the original speakers and you're using 1 set of rca's to an amp that's powering a sub, 6x9s and some tweeters? or 2 amps?

I'd say you have a problem with your amp, either it's not getting enough power or it's dead. I've had an amp where the light's come on with the head unit but given no power out.

8. mirabellious New Member

two amps. One for sub the other for tweets and 6x9s. (2 sets of RCA's one for sub and one for 6x9s/ tweets with crossovers (which I don't understand but I didn't do that bit so I don't need to)) The only other amp I have to try is dead so is there a way of testing output from an amp or testing the system other than buying a new amp?

9. DJUPLIFT Forum Member

Multimeter set to AC bang it on the speaker outputs on the amp and play some music you should get some kind of voltage going thru