Spare wheel for an Audi A2?

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by nealey, Nov 9, 2012.

1. nealey Forum Junkie

My grandad has an Audi A2 sport with standard 17inch alloys on it. This model doesn't come with a spare wheel but the puncture repair gel, he is becoming increasingly concerned with getting a blowout or becoming stranded due to a situation where the gel will not work.

He doesn't want a space saver wheel as he doesn't trust them either so what size spare would I need to keep the same rolling radius? I havnt been round to check the tyre size yet but I'm assuming a 16inch wheel would work with the correct sized tyre to make up the difference?

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

3. SimonG Forum Member

Does his A2 have a false floor in the boot? Iirc too wider wheel and tyre would prevent the floor from sitting flush. Or have you considered the inflatable spare? Check out the A2 forum there's loads of threads about this subject. There is also a proper mounting kit for the spare wheels as well. Considered this for my girlfriends A2.

4. nealey Forum Junkie

I've not been round to look yet if its got a false floor, I think he said it has but I'm planning to go tomorrow for a look. He isn't keen on having the space saver though as he doesn't like them. He don't mind having a full size spare sat in the boot.

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

I like your grandad already, for his mistrust of space-savers, if nothing else [:D]