spark but no injectors!

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by ThatCharged8v, Jun 30, 2020.

1. ThatCharged8v New Member

hi all!

Recently completed my mates 1.8t loom install in his mk2 ce1 golf...he's had the loom spliced by a company dont know who tbh.... but regardless im going through testing all the features;throttle body, coils and injectors. However, I cant get the injectors to pulse. I've got a constant earth on one pin but no voltage on the otherside, not sure what's happening really a 1.8t is a bit new for me more used to porsche motronic and digi really.

Thankssss im a bit green to the 1.8t scene really [xx(]

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

what you should see on injectors is 12v on the live pin and pulsed earth from the ecu, live side could be ignition or only on with fuel pump relay depending on how loom was made. if it has the 10/14 pin plug on main sensor loom to main car loom injector power is pin pin 5 of that

one check is if it has a fuel relay and where it is, some loom builders use the factory socket which is slot 2 on fb and should have a 67, 80 or 167 relay in there, powering fuse 5.

3. ThatCharged8v New Member

I've got from what I can remember is a constant earth and no 12v on the live pin the loom has a relay integrated into it would it be safe to assume this is the fuel pump relay?

4. ThatCharged8v New Member

An update a bit more fiddling the car will wire but will pretty much instantly shut off so assuming immobiliser?

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah is a symptom of immobiliser cutting in, could be crank sensor also. Chris Bellman or James E Looms on Facebook or Toyotec on here can sort the immobiliser. if its a dbw then also get all the unused functions switched off at the same time, carbon canister, SAI, 2nd lambda etc