spark plugs question

Discussion in '8-valve' started by SciroccoHillis, Nov 30, 2008.

1. SciroccoHillis New Member

i am wanting a set of uprated plugs but dont know what set im supposed to get.

i tried NGK laser platinum and had a massive problem with the gap opening excessivly due to heat and it contacting with my piston and causing catastrophic engine failure whilst at 5k revs and almost caused a crash.

i have just done a complete engine rebuild and have put in the standard plugs again to prevent the problem until i find a proper set.

i have race ignition setup, map, leads and coil now its my plugs that ruin the setup! and i can feel the power drop now from my old engine because i dont have proper plugs so it is important i find something suitable.

does anyone know of a decent plug that works (i am not looking for insanity) i just want something that is better than the standard rubbish but can handle high heat and not pose a risk of killing my engine?

PFR6B are the plugs that i used (that blew my engine the last time), NGK standard plugs are what i have in at the moment also. any idea of anything else

cheers guys, engine finished now except plugs [:D]