Speaker options!

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by Andydinglis, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Andydinglis New Member

Hi from a new member but long time gti driver.

I've had about enough of the standard in car entertainment on my mk5 gti. As a part time sound engineer and having listened to the results of BMW and minis' Harmann and Alpine upgrades at my work, I know there is better out there.

Are there any available retrofit kits from VW or Harmann Kardon or the like that are worth the money??

Also, I have read that the standard head unit is the problem and the standard speakers produce good results with the RNS-510. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

2. Andydinglis New Member

Bump!

Any info On this would be great.

3. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

I`ve no direct experience, but if this is the case, then upgrading to the 510 should be pretty simple.

There was an (expensive) upgraded speaker option on the Mk5 too, so perhaps worth looking out for in Classifieds or even see if they are still available from the dealers. :thumbup:

4. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

dealers options only go so far, with Bose being in the higher spec on later models of the VW range, and far more on Audis

I'd say the replacment set of good aftermarkets, all 3 Bass, mid & treble and replace the passive cross over in the doors as that is a weak point when fitted will make you happy

I can't quote speaker sizes as I've never measured them!