speed camera detectors

Discussion in 'Sat Nav, GPS, Camera Detectors' started by Mk2gti8v, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Mk2gti8v Forum Member

are they any good??, on the route back from my girlfriends theres always sneaky police with the hand held speed detectors etc, im not one for pushing past the speed limit much but i think it would be handy to know when these guys are prouling about, but we all like to boot it some times:lol:

could anyone advise me on what would be the best value for money etc, cheers, tom.

2. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

mines not. Its good for fixed locations and alerts you to "risk zones," where they often have mobi;le traps but today i tested it on a mobile trap and it didnt go off for radar or laser alert so either the camera didnt rely on these, they use a type it cant detect or they were on a donut break?
    Good for fixed ones though.
    (Its a snooper)

3. GarethMK2VR6

GarethMK2VR6 Forum Member

Ive got a snooper but it pesses me off. Too many false alarms so you just end up turning it off.

4. Golf Nut Pete

Golf Nut Pete Forum Member

i have fixed camera location one that would be ok if i didnt know they were there anyway, but good if your venturing somewhere you have never been and you dont know the area. The radar detector type ones i think would be a bit turd, surely by the time the thing has detected a copper with a camera pointing at you, you have already been caught and your speed noted?

5. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

I have a Road Angel (New) with the laser detector, I love it, never had the laser warning yet.