speedo on vr6

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by volkswag0nvr6, Feb 16, 2005.

1. volkswag0nvr6 Forum Member

does anyone know how the speedo works on a corrado 2.9 engine?cable driven?it is in a mk2 golf. thanks

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Its engine loom driven. There is a small connector to the back of the gearbox above the diff, this sends a signal.

However, my Mk2 VR6 runs the SEAT 02A gearbox speedo drive to my Mk2 16v clocks.

3. volkswag0nvr6 Forum Member

cheers for that. i will have a look tomora in the light. it is basically full corrado vr6 running gear.. and on full 90spec wiring loom (1992)

i have mk3 dials that i have pluged in to see if they work, but only the rev counter,digi clock and digi mile counter works. no speedo, fuelgauge or temp gauge. the indercator light is perm on(turning right) and the indercator makes a constent buzzin noise, but stops buzzin when u flick the indercator switch right and it works properly.. its a bit strange.

could this be a faulty set of dials or is it more likely to be a wiring prob?

4. volkswag0nvr6 Forum Member