Squeek when accelerating

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by johntheboy, Oct 13, 2008.

1. johntheboy Forum Member

This happened to me a few times in the last week. Once the engine was started from cold, the seccond time the car had been sat for about 2 hours. When accelerating away in 1st gear (may have been seccond on the first time) there was a slight squeek which came just as or just before the turbo kicked in. Only way I can describe the sound was like a fan belt slipping. It only lasts for a split seccond then wont do it again throughout any acceleration or if I stop and set off again. I noticed the other night however that even when i was sat still and just revved the engine it does it and it seems more pparent when the climate control is on with or without the air con being in use.

Oh its a 2005 Leon FR+ 1.9 TDI 150.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

2. Aphex Forum Junkie

This happens in my mk1 alot but it's the aftermarket silicone hose not being tightened enough with a jubilee clip

3. johntheboy Forum Member

Where is the silicone hose? Doe this lead from or to the turbo? I get a waste gate noise from my car which I didnt in my 130pd golf GT Tdi, is this an after market add on aswel possibly? Is it anything to worry about in the mean time?

4. Aphex Forum Junkie

That's the thing, mines not standard so I have a lot of silicone hose all around. I've not had an experience with these engines either sorry so I'm not really the best person to advise.

I'm sure someone will have an idea though.

It could possibly by an uprated dv. Does it look standard? The gf's a3 has a bit of noise to it as well, I don't think it's a major thing but not something I'd leave for too long. Can you get hold of another one to test?

5. johntheboy Forum Member

Where does the dump valve sit in the diesel engines, i assume it will be in a different place to the petrol versions.