Stainless manifold, ABF, problem - UPDATE

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Tubthumped, Oct 31, 2005.

1. hotgolfgirl Forum Member

Think the one I used was either a TSR jobbie or a Magnex.

2. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

Mine came straight from Milltek with a parts breakdown and loads of Miltek paperwork with it.

The quality of the manifold, the stainless and welding etc appears to be very very high. The flange appeared square to the pipes too...

Anyway - massive thumbs up to Jody and the lads at Midland VW AGAIN!

They've had the car there all day and are spending tomorrow on it too. They've been machining up new engine mount brakets and really spent their time doing the best they can to make it fit properly. We're still to see if it's going to be sucessful, but tomorrow should tell us [:D]

3. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Martyn's 8v vs 16v rear engine mount theory makes sense, I bought a VW racing HD rear mount from Bildon, it looks like the normal 8V non-hydro mount but with 60 shore grade rubber mounting, anyway - had to buy the bracket from VAG to allow it to fit the subframe.

Engine sits higher than it did before on that corner and not much clearance between strut brace and throttle quadrant [:s]

I would have same problem fitting a tubular manifold to mine it seems.
    Edited by: GVK

4. barny Forum Member

Vague memory of vince/chrs-p/matt @ DD etc saying the rear mounts can have 5-10mm milled of the top of them to lower the engine ....

Just a thought

If not sell it to Me !! :)