Stalling at Low Speed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by hooterbear, Oct 30, 2003.

1. hooterbear New Member

Recenty my R reg 2.0 GTI has started stalling at low speed when coming to a halt at traffic lights etc. Both the oil light and battery light come on when this happens. Sometimes it starts straight away, other times it takes a few minutes before I can start it again. I have read that this is quite a common problem for Golfs but I'm not sure where to begin trying to fix this. The car only has 44,000 miles on the clock. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Rahul Forum Junkie

dont we have this question everyday...

sorry to be rude, i think it should be put in the FAQ's

3. hooterbear New Member

I did find one reference to a similar problem in this section of the forum but thought I'd ask again in case anybody had anything further to add. If I missed the definitive answer I apologise. Dare I ask again for help?

4. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

Fuel pump and/or ECU relays are common culprits. If you click on the "old forum info" section and then look in the "Engine..." section of the old forum you'll see the topmost post is about the same problem.

5. hooterbear New Member

thanks< I'll take a look.

6. daveybwoy Forum Member

Check and clean all the breather pipes and the throttle butterfly.