Stealth Racing

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by stegti, Jan 15, 2006.

?

Engine coversions by stealth

1. excellent

100.0%
  2. good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ok

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. wouldnt use them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Admin Guest

well the times i have been to stealth for RR days vince has been more than happy to talk through mods and the benefits to the car. which is great to see, also likes to have a chat about your car too [:D] rather than the lets get the next one in approach.

he has also taken a lot of time out to email/phone for information/help on mods to engines. which has been very useful to me.

Janet this didn't come from Vince, the dubworld is however small.

2. FaTT mk1 Forum Member

I would use stealth over any other tuner when it comes to 20vt!

Iveheard/read about the lupo story a few times and yes it did blow up once it left stealth, but who knows what went on....

Why was it booked in? What went on while the car was there? Who was called while the car was there? Why were they called? Why did the lupo leave without being fixed? Why did it blow up?....

3. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

stop the cue-tip when you feel resistance, Jon [><]

4. dan-ish

dan-ish Forum Member

The lupo had a new block that was only a 150hp bottom end thats why it went back for a remap when Ian bought it.
    It melted No.3 piston(hottest on all 20v)also had pinking marks on all the rest of the pistons(venom always complained of pinking).This was the reson it had the 150 block fitted to replace the s3.
    Jordy with the lime green scriroco 20v with KO4 fitted went exactly the same way.
    Matt with the clio with the TT 225 engine blew exactly the same way.
    I'm the one who sat at stealth while it took them 2 days to map the lupo.
    THIS IS NO LIE I KNOW BECAUSE I BUILT THE LUPO!
    Like I said earlier stealth are exellent at doing conversions it's just the mapping I don't like.
    And another thought why is vince the only tunner that makes you take the front end of the car of for mapping,it's not like you drive down the road with the front bumper missing and another radiator piped on the side.

5. FaTT mk1 Forum Member

Kool, not getting into a sl*ging match but,

wasnt that mk1 rocco running 150 injectors fitted with the k04? thats why it only pushed 240ish iirc? I spoke to the owner at a group thrash.

That roccoand the clio run a lot of nos and im pretty sure thatthe map was notset for it.

When the lupo went to stealth,wasnt the header tank full of oil along with a vairity of other problems which '*****' paid for over the phone while the car was there,but vinve could do nothing about the header tank and oil and im sure vince would have helped out more if he had the room to store the car,otherwise the car would been able to stay there.
    Edited by: FaTT mk1

6. FaTT mk1 Forum Member

Dont know ? maybe to get as much cool air as possable to the rad/filter/cooler due to the fact its on the rollers? The extra rad is for extra cooling as i asked about that a while ago,again due to it being on the rollers.

7. stegti Forum Member

Thanks for the replies people but look what i have caused [:^(]:lol:overall there conversion work sounds/looks spot on! The conversion i have looked at really does look 'factory' We have spoke to vince a couple of times about the car and he seems really helpful and has answered a few doubts. Thanks again for the replies, [:D]

8. dan-ish

dan-ish Forum Member

I didn't take it down while Ians owned it the oil cooler did fail on the 150 engine but it was changed well before Ian bought it and flushed out properly and a new radiator was fitted,but would this explain why vince didn't find that it was a faulty N75valve and a sticking actuator.
    rocco had s3 injectors but it was a AGU bigport standard engine with KO4 so it didn't have the lower compresion pistons thats why it only made 240ish bhp.
    Clio doesn't run nos. both rocco and clio are IHI powered now as well.
    Vince never managed to get the lupo up to proper power most he ever got it was 299bhp at the flywheel but I don't think he had much experance with IHI's at that point(I belive he's done a few more now).I belive the lupo runs about 340bhp now.
    I repeat again Stealth workmanship on conversions is one of the best in the country.

9. dan-ish

dan-ish Forum Member

Just one of my points he should have a more effcient fan like other tunners.
    Sorry to keep going on i'm personaly not bias to any tunner.

10. FaTT mk1 Forum Member

He didnt want to touch it once he spotted the oil in the hedder tank, but i do remember***** paying for parts that vince said were wrong with the car.

150 bottom end + loads of nos and k04,maybe thats why the rocco blew up?

Yea i seen both of them now and to say that clio is rappid is an understatment. Buy i thought it ran nos.. oh well

The rollers aint too bad but yea could do with some Bigger fans or like the BIG tuners a propper Rolling road room.

Anyway its not my car so ill stop here.

i have done and will continue to take my cars to vince and the boys for Mapping, No matter who you talk to about tuning companys you will always find a bad story or two about them, its when you only hear one or two good stories thats when you got to worry.

Daz

11. janet edwardson Forum Member

Fatt mk1 what do you know [:x] .We left the car with stealth for over a week and he still couldnt map it.And as for oil in the header I think I will give Vince a ring to see wtf your on about.Someones telling porkies here....there was no oil in the header tank [:s]

12. AMY

Amy Forum Member

I was under the impression that he didnt want to map rather than couldnt.

13. FaTT mk1 Forum Member

You right someone is telling porkies here...

I know what i was told by a very good source, Im not here to argue for anyone, just to shed some more light on the subject. :p

14. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

In my experience Vince is a sound guy. He always has time to patiently give advice. I've been up there a few times to have my car on the RR and I shall continue to do so.

15. s3lupo New Member

We are not here to argue either but at the end of the day we have been asked for our opinion about Stealth and we have given it.I think we should know what has happened with the car as we do own it.People will always have good and bad experiences with traders and thats just the way it is!!Each to their own eh!But sorry just think hes crap.

16. FaTT mk1 Forum Member

:thumbup:, all's good.

Daz.

17. janet edwardson Forum Member

I am sorry that you are under that impression Amy but he was quick enough to book us in for re-mapping [:s]
    Edited by: janet edwardson

18. AMY

Amy Forum Member

Janet, where did you get the Rallye mapped?

19. janet edwardson Forum Member

My rallye has never been mapped Amy.I have an APR of the shelf chip as my car still runs Audi management.