Steering issue and or Gearbox Diff issue?

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by stu_in_scot, Mar 15, 2013.

1. stu_in_scot New Member

Hey there, got a little problem!

just got my mk2 8v gti back on the road after a winter of sorting some small issues including a clutch and hand brake problem.

only to find the car after 3 months off the road, is now pulling to the left only when accelerating?

i have had one new tyre fitted to the rear right and there is a knocking at the rear right also, currently sitting on some coilovers not too low but just enough to hug the arches.

just had it in to get the 3D camber, tracking, wheel alignment done but this hasnt helped, and they never flagged anything up about a mount,or bush or spring which i thought they might have if there was an issue surely?

its still pulling to the left and subsequent fishing about, this only occurs over about 50mph, town driving isnt an issue but i have my sights set on taking her to the inters this year again from perth so dont fancy a FISHY drive down!

I have had someone else drive her to make sure it wasnt my imagination and they confirmed that there was something not 100%, they suggested maybe gear diff or tramlining maybe the issue?

any ideas or suggestions would be great!

thanks again folks!

kirky, perth scotland