Stock exhaust manifolds that will fit a SLCR K04 turbo in a longditudinal installatio

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Fury Phil, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

I am trying to repurpose my K04 from a transverse engine in a longitudinal installation. The stock manifold has the turbo plate between primaries 3 and 4. Ideally I would like the plate between primaries 1 and 2 with 180 degrees rotation. Does anybody know if the A4 manifold 058253033E will fit the K04 turbo?

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

The A4 and the Passat, never came fitted with 'K04' type turbos.
    So you will have to fabricate something.

Fury Phil likes this.
  3. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks Toyotec. I see several tubular A4 offerings on Ebay that state they fit K04 and K03 turbo. Do you know if both turbo have the same exhaust manifold flange pattern?

4. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

Screenshot 2017-10-16 10.36.05.png

I have just bought the attached from Ebay - hopefully this will solve my turbo fitment issues. It is an aftermarket part for fitting K04 turbos to an Audi A4 and fits both K03 and K04 turbos, with the exhaust port pointing towards the rear of the engine and the air inlet facing forward. The compressor outlet can then be clocked to point downward.

5. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

It turns out that not all K04 turbos are the same fitment as K03 and K03S turbos. The K04-001 will fit but is a lesser turbo than the higher output K04-020, K04-022 and K04-023 (my one) turbos. These three turbos have a different three bolt manifold flange. I now intend to make a new flange in T304 stainless plate and weld it on to the manifold in place of the K03 flange. I have drawn it in CAD and am waiting on prices from laser cutters. I will be happy to provide the drawing to anybody else interested in the same conversion.

sparrow likes this.