Stud Patten

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by vwbobby, Sep 11, 2013.

1. vwbobby Forum Member

Hi all,

I just want to find out I have a 1991 corrado with a 4 x 100 stud pattern and have a set of wheels which are 5 x 120 stud pattern.

I have been searching everywhere for a set of adapters and are a nightmare to find and cheapest set I found is 300.

So I was basically thinking if I was to swap my hubs to make the a 5 x 100 stud pattern from a vr6 corrado, what other parts would I need?

As then I can just buy adapters for the 5 x 100 to 5 x 120, which are a lot cheaper

Cheers

Bobby

2. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

I'm pretty sure you'd also need the wishbones and bottom balljoints too (the 5-stud balljoints are angled differently)

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

you have 2 options:
    1. press 5 stud hubs into your old bearing carriers, and re-drill brake discs. or fit early passat b3 VR6 280mm discs, but those are rare and expensive. might be dealer only?

2. go wide track with 5 stud bearing carriers, ball joints, wishbones, track rods and driveshafts. if you use corrado or mk3 golf wishbones you will also need the roll bar, or you could buy passat b4 5 stud bones which will work with the old roll bar

4. vwbobby Forum Member

Cheers John, that is a big help mate

5. watercooled Forum Member

True John on the redrilling ,did my spare rear disks to 5x100 pretty easy but best done on a mill as you can center the drill and tap spot on,I had a set of 5x100 spacers and that helped also,took maybe 2 hours to do it right.
    Stock and aftermarket disks have more than enough thickness to hold a bolt around 16mm I think.
    Going to widetrack is alot of work/parts unless you have a donor car in the back yard or close by and you tend to limit wheel choice after that due to offset.
    The front is not as easy to do so stud adaptors are the answer but not the best end result as you gain atleast 15mm track increase,I fitted FK ones as they are the best engineered ones I could find but not cheap.