Supercharged ABF...

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by twistedblack69, Oct 21, 2011.

1. twistedblack69 New Member

I've been reading through quite a few threads, and am trying to put together a definitive list of parts I need for this (engine will be going in my mk2 GTI). Only thing is, I can only find bits and bobs here and there for what I need, and am finding it hard to put together said list. Also, I'm supposed to be studying, as this project will be undertaken hopefully when I graduate next year, so could spend less time researching this :s figure I'd throw this up and see if anyone can help out.

I haven't got a mechanics background, so am also having a bit of trouble wading through the jargon and making sense. I've found that TSR do Wossner low comp pistons, do I need to uprate other internals? I'm looking at making at least 200bhp, and I'll be happy with 250bhp though I imagine that'd be a stretch. Are there charger manifolds out there that go straight on, or is it a custom fabrication job? What other parts do I need? I understand there's engine, gearbox, charger, manifold, aftermarket management.

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

No need to buy any of that. A STD bottom end in good condition is all you need + 2 MLS gaskets to lower the compression ratio.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This car went on to achieve 230bhp@6000rpm and 230lbft from 2500 to 5000rpm as measured on the Garage Steamline Dyno Dynamics machine.
    It was a right old hoot to drive.

No you will need either intake parts from an Audi S2 5 cylinder 20v turbo or as pictured an modified Audi TT intake plenum matched to a 16v lower inlet manifold. So custom fabrication job.
    You also have to fabricate charger mountings.

Yes you will have to select these based on what you require.

3. twistedblack69 New Member

Thanks Toyo [:D] was having a nice read of your Wolf projects not long before I posted this up. What do the different aftermarket management suppliers offer that's different from the others? I'm looking at switchable maps for daily driving, and racing.