suspension setup plz

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Liam, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Liam Forum Member

want to lower a mk2 by -60mm on new shocks and springs, need adjustable damping really, or just a really hard set of springs, can only really pay 300, any recommendations on setup? and is it worth getting different top mounts rather than the ones on a 1.6 driver?

cheers.

2. Rahul Forum Junkie

if you want really hard springs, whats the point of adjustable damping mate?

make your mind up.
    If you want the optimum balance between comfort and handling you could opt for a set up of koni adjustable dampers and eibach springs. This will set you back more than 300 quid maybe but it will be worth it.

Or you could get a raceland TUV approved kit. I have one on my cabrio, to compliment my ARB's as well as strut brace and the car handles like its on rails. Its only a 40mil drop as well. But the kit is cheap and well worth the money!

Remember it doesnt have to be low to handle. Also the lower you go, doesnt mean its gonna handle better!

rags
    Edited by: CabrioRags

3. Tonsk Forum Member

Quite. In fact, it just increases the possibility of ripping your sump off as you're booting it round a corner on a speedbump

4. tylerrules84 Forum Member

all else being equal though, a lower car will handle better... although it may be minute. Ya know, lower center of gravity and all.